Ticket Price Bridging and Upgrading to an Annual Pass

Yes, when you buy tickets direct from Disney you get a credit equal to what you paid for the ticket

You need to upgrade BEFORE you use the last park entry. I believe that you can upgrade tickets bought direct from Disney before you use your first park entry, but with third-party discounted tickets you need to upgrade after using at least one park entry in order to get credit for the full gate price of the ticket.

**Thank ** you. :thumbsup:

Does someone knows if it already works with package tickets 14 days (current gate price) to price bridge to an AP? Or do they take the price of purchase?
Thx

This post is more than a year old now, and want to make sure information is still current. Bought from UT 4 day MYW park hoppers with 3 days free before the Feb. 17 price increase. Going to upgrade to AP for our visit in April. So as I understand it, I should get credit for the current full price of a 7 day park hopper.

As far as I am aware the information is still accurate.

@PrincipalTinker, I recall you posting recently about AP upgrades. Do you have any different info?

Last month we upgraded a ticket that was purchased two increases ago. I was prepared to pay full cost from what I paid to the increase since I was doing the increase before entering a park ( I had fast passes for the rest of my days and I wasn’t prepared to lose them). They gave me credit for the current cost of my ticket (after they tried to say it was not a park hopper- but I had the ticket and it was printed on it). They calculated my ticket at almost $100 more than what I paid.

I know I’ve bugged you about this before, but with my trip coming up fast - 6 days - I want to make sure I know what I am doing.

Sorry for being a pest … I am searching the forum, trying to gather information.

I have a 7 day PH ticket purchased from Undercover Tourist prior to the last Disney price increase. I want to upgrade that to an AP.

Do I have to enter a park before upgrading? We are planning to dine at Disney Springs before any parks. Can I upgrade there?

You mention not losing Fast Passes you’d already made. Can you explain further on that? I have FPs for 6 days starting Sunday, May 7. In what scenario would I lose FPs? How can I prevent that from happening?

Thanks!

You will not lose fast passes! Are you staying onsite? With an AP you can make 7 days even without a resort stay. You will also notice that total of 7 will extend out to the next 60 days during your stay if you are onsite but after your stay will convert to a 30 day window.

In theory you need to enter a park first and then upgrade. I did not need to do this in February. Do you have the ticket or was it an e-ticket? There seems to be a new glitch in the Disney system and they are having a hard time telling that UT tickets are park hoppers and they are basing the price they start with as a non hopper. I would try at DS. Know what the current price of your ticket is. When you go to the window tell them- I have a park hopper I want to upgrade…

If they quote you the wrong among say- I think that is wrong but I guess I will not do that now.

If you have the hard ticket or a screen shot of your MDE account for the ticket I would have that too.

1 Like

Thank you!

I am not staying on-site this trip. However, I did make some FPs between 30 and 60 days by being added to my DD party - they are on site. I even got a FEA for me and DGD5! Nice glitch there too.

My ticket was emailed, and is linked to my MDE. I will print out the page, just so there is no question, as well as the pricing pages for the 7 day PH and the AP. Geez … the difference between the UT ticket and current price is almost $100! :grinning:

1 Like

Just to update …

Before entering any parks, I was able to upgrade my 7 day PH to AP at Disney Springs Guest Services. I have no idea how they calculated the price on the 7 day, but the cost, including tax, to upgrade was $291 and change. I was figuring on $318. So whatever! I’ll take it!!

3 Likes

Nice! I plan to do that same thing in 103 days- I’ve budgeted higher, so I’ll continue to budget for what I"m expecting it to be and then be happy if it’s less.

1 Like

Great news!

Is the conversion amount based on the WDW current online ticket price ($20/ticket discount) or the gate price?

OH! That is new! It should be the online price since you are not purchasing the ticket then- right? Of course Disney can track the exact price you paid so even if they do not give the $20 you would still be saving.

I purchased the tickets from UT.

1 Like

People have been reporting it has been $20 less than they expected recently.

Ok, that makes sense that they would convert the tickets at what I would have paid if I bought them from WDW online. Thanks.

O.K. I hope everyone keeps posting their results from ticket bridging. I’m planning on buying a ticket from UT to take advantage of the AMEX offer. It looks like the best deal right now is the six day plus one extra day ticket. So, that should be a 7 day ticket. I plan on buying the AP Platinum pass with the DVC discount. Has anyone found a better deal from UT on bridging tickets to an AP?

The deals vary from day to day - what you are looking for is the most heavily discounted ticket dollar-wise. UT and OTC generally have the best deals.

Well, right now the 7 day ph ticket looks the best.