Ticket Price Bridging and Upgrading to an Annual Pass

Really? Do they have the “after 2pm” or “after 4pm” restriction? That’s what convention tickets normally have, unless that has changed as well.

They do not- they are discounted with an “extra”.

I just re-read what All Ears says:

Theme Park Tickets (MEETING/CONVENTION):

· Upgrades are available at Guest Relations, Resorts & Swan and Dolphin Only

· Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Tickets ARE upgradable. Convention Guests may modify their tickets at Guest Relations and Resorts Concierge while on-site (up to 14 days from first use as long as there are entitlements remaining). Note: When upgrading Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Tickets, upgrades to 2-Day through 8-Day tickets are available.

· Guests wishing to upgrade Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Tickets to Gate Priced 9-Day, 10-Day or Annual Passes may do so by paying the full price difference between the Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Ticket price and the ticket of choice. If the Park Hopper Plus visit has been used, then the Guest must purchase a ticket with Park Hopper Plus or a Premium Annual Pass.

· Convention Epcot After 4 PM Tickets and Convention After 2 PM Tickets are not upgradable.

So, the tickets you are referring to are the only ones not upgradable.

Ok, so my 7 day base pass costs $354.65 but comes with 1 extra. Does that mean if I use the waterpark then i have to upgrade to the premium annual pass? My TA said to use it first then upgrade because then I would not loose it but not have the upgrade to the premium. I don´t think thatś right?

Also, it looks like my BEST option would be to order a 7 day ticket from UT that saves me $68 off gate price then use that one to bridge to the AP since my ticket from MVT will be upgraded from face cost, not gate cost. Is that correct?

Thank you! I just joined lines today but this answer alone was worth the subscription cost! I´ve been worried sick about this.

Is it a MVT agent? Yes, I actually was going to get the MVT tickets until I decided to upgrade again to an AP. I ran the numbers. My agent said she would sell me regular Disney tickets if I was going to upgrade but I ran the numbers with a discounted ticket and for this trip I found a free dining deal that worked for me.

If you are upgrading get a room only or a "ticketless package " (room and dining) and buy a discounted ticket.

Did you see JJT’s spreadsheet in this thread? It is amazing!

Thank you! I hadnt seen it but thatś very helpful.

TY for all the help!

Aw man, I already paid off MVT deal. Guessing this isn’t the year to upgrade. Thanks though!

Upgraded my kids MYW tickets bought from UT (7 day park hoppers, that were 4 day get 3 days free) in April. HS cast member upgraded them to full price tickets. Two days later we joined DVC (kind of on a whim, kind of planned). Our DVC guide told us to go back to guest services and see if they would give us the DVC price since we had just bought them. So, the next day went to guest services outside of Epcot. CM was awesome! I know he gave us the discount for our kids AP. My wife told him we had our AP since November. He said, well let me see your bands. I’m not sure what he did, but we ended up getting almost $500 back in a gift card. It was almost like he went through all of our purchases and applied any DVC or AP discount where it hadn’t been applied. That kind of service is why we keep going back to WDW.

2 Likes

Are the AP discounts worth it? I am not sure if we will be back in a year but I was thinking of upgrading one of our 6 day park hopper plus tickets to AP for discounts. I will be buying a lot of souvenirs.

Figured I’d just post my question here rather than starting a new thread (not being sure how people react on here - on other forums I’ve been “preached to” about using the search feature, then on others get the “zombie thread…” comment when I do - can’t win for losing).

I’m looking at some trips I’d like to make in the year after my upcoming trip and am seriously pondering upgrading to an AP when I am there (so as not to disturb my dining plan plans because without that my eating will be VERY different).

I have purchased Memory Maker - so obviously it would be most advantageous for me to upgrade before I even enter the park the first day. BUT I can’t seem to find what they do with the Memory Maker purchase since that’s included with the AP. Is it applied to the purchase of the AP? Refunded? Just a loss? Any recent experiences with what happens to Memory Maker if you upgrade but you purchased it?

Thanks!

It has been refunded into the upgrade cost.

Thank you!

Sorry to resurrect a dead horse but I’ve received some conflicting information.
I’m booking a split stay through MVT (my first time using them!), and purchasing the 8 day park hopper’s through them as well. According to the MVT TA, he said I cannot upgrade my MVT tickets to an AP while I’m there, which seems different than the info posted here previously. The ticket does come with 1 bonus feature (waterpark or mini-golf), but I’m willing to ditch the MVT tickets and purchase through UT or Disney direct if I can’t actually upgrade MVT tix to an AP. Does anyone know if what he said is true? TIA!

Am going to tag @SnowWhiteFan, and see if she can help.

1 Like

Thanks @PrincipalTinker! This is my first time using MVT, and my first time doing a split stay so I’m a little unsure of how everything works. I’m also considering adding the dining plan to our package (which is why we are booking a package through MVT instead of room only.)

You could always add the dining plan, even if you do not have tickets. It makes it a “ticketless package”.

1 Like

You can upgrade them to an AP, but you have to pay the full difference in price between the 2! You can do a dining plan without purchasing tickets.

2 Likes

As always, thank you!

Thank you both!