Thursday 1/12 or Friday 1/13

Hi! I’m thinking about going to Disneyland on either Thursday 1/12 or Friday 1/13. I know it’s impossible to predict crowd levels perfectly, but I was wondering if anyone had any predictions.

The Touring Plans calendar puts both days at a 5 out of 10, but several other guides expect Friday to be more crowded (e.g. Undercover Tourist gives Thursday a 3 out of 10 and Friday a 7 out of 10).

The other thing to consider is Disneyland is open until 8pm on Thursday and Midnight on Friday, so Friday is preferable if all else is equal.

Looks like Friday is the last day that doesn’t get blocked by Magic Key holders until the end of MLK weekend though, so should I expect that Touring Plans is just wrong and Thursday will be significantly less crowded?

Curious to hear which day others would pick. Thanks so much for any advice!

1 Like

I think Thursday will be less crowded, but Friday will get more and more crowded as the day progresses and people get off work/school and head to the parks. Mornings at Disneyland on weekdays, including Fridays, are golden.

So I would probably lean toward Friday because of the later hours and additional entertainment that will likely be offered.

1 Like