Thunderstorms at MK - what will still be open?

Hmm. I am a little superstitious in that way. Like when a football commentator says something like “Of course, Manchester United have never lost a game against a team from this division (or after scoring in the first 5 minutes, or against a French team, anything really)” you can guarantee it’s about to happen!! To be fair it’s specifically a football related superstition.

Another thing to note - the email for the anytime fast pass can sometimes arrive hours later. SDD was down for rain during our fast pass time, so we went to do something else. It came back up with 10 min left in the FP window and I panicked and ran over to the ride. The fast pass was not showing up in the MDE app but was showing up in the MDE website.

Two hours later we got the anytime fastpass email.

On the same trip, we got an anytime fastpass for Fantasmic! when it rained. The fastpasses did not exclude 7Dwarves so be sure to read the email for exclusions.

Since MK doesn’t technically have Tiers, I guess I wouldn’t expect tier-based exclusions there.

No they sometimes do have exclusions in MK. Splash broke down while we were on the ride. They gave us anytime FPs which could not be used for 7DMT or meet Mickey.

2 Likes

The “late night lotto” is a BoM hack that I actually really appreciate! It can be done from your hotel room!

2 Likes

I’ve been known to accrue up to 6 anytime FPP during a good downpour. Since FPP for Dumbo and Barnstormer are generally easy to get, I hoard them and then go “spend” them on way better attractions. It works; I’ve done it.

2 Likes

Fortunately/unfortunately for us, the rain stopped right at park opening. They didn’t do the opening show, which we were a little bummed to miss but there were very few people there because of the rain! Splash mountain was the only ride down at opening and I grabbed a 920 fp. By 930 it was back up so no anytime for us. But that’s OK. I still feel like we made out like bandits today!

I’m up early this morning, so the trip report starts now!!!

1 Like

We’ve produced more than our share of garbage shows, but Ep121 of Backside of Magic does a decently solid job digging into some of these different paths to harvesting anytime FPs. I recommend it to those interested in the topic that haven’t listened.

2 Likes

Do these “better attractions” have to be in the same park, or is hopping allowed?

Oh pshhh, “garbage shows” — your podcast is one of the few that I listen to the day it comes out. I love you guys!

2 Likes

Yup, was going to chime in with this. TT is often not working at the start of the day. Make TT one of your advance FP booking and then you can use it whenever and wherever you want.

Same park.

We got an anytime FP due to a ride closure within 90 minutes of park closing, so it was good for the entire next day and could be used at any park. Not sure if the ones limited to that day are the same.

That’s usually only ones you get in the last hour of operation. I feel hard done by because when I had a FP for Spaceship Earth at 8.30pm and it was down, I never got an anytime even for the same park! Meanwhile some people are back in their hotel room booking things that are down and stockpiling any times for the next day. Still, it didn’t exactly ruin our trip!

1 Like