Three quick questions

Morning guys!

Three things I can’t find an answer to easily - sorry if it’s repeating a previously asked question!

• Is the ferry running from WL to MK now? We travel next month and are staying at BRV and I’m trying to plan ahead!

• You opinions on frog togs or some kind of cooling towel vs necklace type fan? Which and why? Better option for kids vs adults?

• Are the penny presses still available at the different WDW locations? This is such an easy cheap souvenir and my kids (3, 6, 8 y.o) would enjoy collecting I think but before I bring a bag of pennies I wanted to make sure it was a thing still in the time of Corona :neutral_face:

Thanks guys and have a great week!

I can answer one (#3) but I think it was @Julianne_fki that said she brought all her coins for naught. The machines provide the coins for you now.

Yes! @DumboRunner has been posting a trip report from WL the last few days.

2 Likes

Yes ferry from WL to MK was running when we were there early August

1 Like

Yes! The boats ran from around 8am - one hour before MK opening - until 7:30pm — 90 minutes after

but be aware you cannot take the WL ferry TO MK after MK closes — I heard a family at the WL dock when I arrived back from MK at the end of the day told they needed to take the bus

I used cooling towels, but I think everyone would have their own preference

It was @tddusina actually who brought coins for the penny press. I think she was able to get them but not use her own coins?

2 Likes

Yes @vcka, we had our m&m tubes filled but most now are contactless payment (like Apple Pay and may even use MB’s).

There are still a FEW old fashioned ones left. Most at AK! A couple here and there inside resorts. One at the exit is Splash and also 1 inside Tony’s :smiley:.

4 Likes

Oh. This is good information to know, since we do plan to head over to WL one of our days to see the Christmas decor and eat at Whispering Canyon (ADR). If we aren’t done until after 7:00, this means we can’t hop on the boat back to MK to catch the bus back to Boardwalk? It seems odd, since the boat is heading back over there anyhow. I guess we’ll plan on taking the bus in that situation.

Some of these rules they have in place are weird given how early everything closes now. More people staying on property are going to do things like scheduled ADRs near or after park closing. So, they should be keeping transportation options open as long as possible!

1 Like

We like the old fashioned ones with the crank! They were so much fun and muscle work for the kids. And we like our own shiny pennies better.

4 Likes

What about the boat to the Poly from MK? Is that running?

none of the resort to resort boats were running. that’s why i decided not to keep my California Grill ADR — i didn’t want to deal withe the hassle and uncertainty of getting back to WL at 10pm

it may be because when you disembark at MK right there you go thru temp check and security devoted to that boat arrival location. if guests could arrive after park closing they would have to have staff there processing for entry, when the guests are just going to buses or monorail.

2 Likes

That is completely lame. Our pennies are better. I doubt very much Disney sorted through to find only pre-1982 pennies.

5 Likes

So they got rid of all the old machines? That’s a shame! Last time I was there they had a mix of both. The new ones were convenient when you wanted to get a bunch quickly. 8 for $5 I think.

1 Like

Completely!! PLUS the ones that are automatic pay are $1.01 instead of 51c. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

When the pandemic affects pressed penny machines, by golly, things have just gone too far.

5 Likes

I don’t think this change is pandemic related. In December, they had already almost completely changed over to $1.01 for one pressed penny and I think $5 for 8. All took credit cards.

3 Likes

Well, I intend to be indignant about it, anyway. :rofl:
Maybe more so now, since they have no other excuse besides unfettered greed!

4 Likes

I bought some neck fans for our recent UOR visit. The masks seemed to defeat their usefulness since the fan mostly blows on the mask.

1 Like

We brought these cooling towels from Amazon…they are more cloth-like than Frogg Toggs but worked well, and much less expensive than the ones in the park so we didn’t mind that we managed to lose two of the four.
U-pick 4 Packs Cooling Towel (40"x 12"), Ice Towel,Microfiber Towel,Soft Breathable Chilly Towel for Yoga,Sport,Gym,Workout,Camping,Fitness,Running,Workout&More Activities https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SN3YWDT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZmJAFb6HZ9279

2 Likes