Thread O18

That’s supper at V&A sorted.:slight_smile:

Hahaha! That’s true. But I wouldn’t do V&A again. That was definitely a one-off.

I want to book now, but I don’t want to rush in!

The current plan is arrival day, nine clear days, departure day. Is that long enough? Is it too long?

MK: two days
AK: two days
EP: two days
UOR: two days — not budgeted for, but the £600 saving should cover it
DHS: one day plus departure day?

2 Likes

Sounds good. So what is stopping you press the button?

My last two trips I rushed in and then had to make changes later which cost me extra. So I want to be sure I’m making the right choices.

1 Like

Sleep on it, and make the decision tomorrow. Do you feel at peace with the plan? Now that you’ve got a lot of things out of the way as far as experiences you won’t do again, will you feel the compulsion to make drastic changes?

1 Like

I suppose, nitpicking here, that you lose a bit of one or maybe two days moving from WDW to Universal and maybe back. Also, I read somewhere that flights are always more expensive on weekends (to book not travel during) and that the cheapest day to book is a Wednesday. So maybe wait until Wednesday?

OK — let’s review the choices:

1. Dates
    June. Yeah, it’s busy. But I can’t go any earlier because of work. August flight pricing is double.

2. Accommodation
    Pop Century feels like a no-brainer. Nice renovated rooms. Cheap price. OK location. (Will the Skyliner be running? Probably not?)

3. Dining
    Deluxe dining plan is £710 for the trip. My preference would be table service rather than quick service for most meals — including character breakfasts — and you get three courses rather than two. I probably won’t have three meals a day, but that means I can use signature restaurants

4. Flights
    As I’ve said, the upgrade to Upper Class is essentially £600 extra, given the extra day’s stay at WDW. Plus the layover at ATL. So Premium both ways is simpler and cheaper.

2 Likes

Good point…but sweepstakes anyone?:wink:

Probably not, but you never know…

I’m not going to stay there. Just Uber there and back as a day-trip.

The kind of changes I’m talking about are things like changing my flights — e.g. for my first trip I got a great deal on the flights, but the vacation was far too short. I doubled the length of it, but that cost me a chunk in flight changes.

Ahhh, I see. That makes sense.

We can all agree that there will be schedule changes. Of course. But I want to avoid major, expensive changes.

2 Likes

I was just going to suggest looking at Pop. I always stay moderate or deluxe with my kids/husband, and used to do the same when traveling solo with friends. But that all changed when I stayed at Pop last October. I have it booked again in December for $101 a night, and am really happy with that choice. I am definitely a Beach Club kind of traveler, but love Pop .

3 Likes

Yes but not with too many British children. It would be funny if some of your students are there on post exam holidays though😉.

That won’t happen. I’m leaving on the day of their last exam, but school does end until early July.

1 Like

This is a good price for the number of days/nights you are planning and you probably won’t have to top it up…other than paying the unmentionable thing that it is best not to mention for fear of a fracas.

Sensible conclusion.

Do they have to atttend school after the exams? My children were let loose immediately after their GCSEs, As, pre Us.

Never too long, that is not possible. We go for 11 nights in late March/early April every year and it is still too short in my opinion (8 nights Disney, 3 nights Universal). I would love to stay 3 weeks in Orlando, but just cannot make that happen with the kids’ school schedules.

Also, for Calvin have you ever considered a combo doggy daycare/boarding ? My 1 year old lab goes to an amazing place when we travel. They have doggy daycare all day long so he spends tons of time playing with his doggy friends and have a 2 hour naptime midday. At night he has his own private suite where he sleeps like the dead after playing hard all day. On the weekends and over busy holidays, they have sleepovers instead, so all the dogs sleep together with a few humans. They post pictures multiple times a day so you can see what your dog is doing. It is expensive compared to a typical boarding facility where they stay in crates most of the time, but worth it.

2 Likes

Your lab clearly doesn’t attempt to do naughty things with other dogs. My goldie is not so well mannered. A lecherous cad in human terms. :disappointed:

1 Like