Thread N18

I’m friends with the guys who do the Mighty Men of Mouse podcast. Good guys, very well informed about Disney, fun sense of humor, and not travel agents.

2 Likes

I started listening to them on the old Touring Plans podcast feed. I haven’t missed an episode since- great show.

1 Like

They’re just as funny in real life.

1 Like

Just listened to the first episode of Serial season 1. Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County is where I went to High School–granted many many years ago. Never know where the forums might lead you to.

2 Likes

One of them is on the resort loop’s DVC episode every month I believe

I just finished this one- I really enjoyed it!

2 Likes

I downloaded it but haven’t listened yet.

Last Seen was great!

I dunno, man, they all liked The Last Jedi. That could be disqualifying in my book.:wink:

1 Like

I listened to Dr. Death- thank you! I enjoyed it!

1 Like

I just finished that one too and enjoyed it.

@profmatt, @PrincipalTinker , i’m late to this feed. But I’m a huge podcast listener, and feel much the same as you do about the dribble that most of the Disney podcasts put out each week. Here’s a few of my fav’s in order of preference / both Dis and non-Dis

I’m a runner - so I have a lot of time to listen to podcasts :slight_smile:

Disney Podcasts:
1-Backside of Magic
2-Retro Disney World Podcast (I’ve been going to WDW since 1971…so this one really appeals to me)
3-Mighty Men of Mouse
4-Disney Dish
5-Fine Tooning (another Jim Hill posdcast featuring animation) It’s really grown on me.
6-The Thirty20Eight (some are great - some I want to throw my phone)
7-The Sweep Spot (Disneyland, CA) I likely wouldn’t be listening to this if I wasn’t going to DL in March :slight_smile:
8-Be Our Guest - I can only listen to the trip reports. I can’t stand Ricky…
9-WDW Radio - Way too long… and I can’t listen to many of his guests. Especially his family… But I do enjoy it once in a while. I’ve dropped this and BOG from my regular listening many times.
10- WedWay radio - I don’t think they’re recording new episodes anymore… too bad. I enjoyed listening to Matt and Nate’s stories.

Non-Disney
1- RadioLab - Different every time. Lots to like about this podcast. Very creative editing / production techniques.
2-Swing and a Belt - Baseball podcast
3-Revisionist History - Malcolm Gladwell. Smartest podcast around. Go back and listen to every back episode. Well worth it. (it really should be #1, but there’s not enough episodes yet)
4-The Daily - New York Times daily podcast. I’d like it more if it wasn’t so Trump focused - I guess the Donald is hard to avoid in the USA…
5-This is That - CBC radio podcast / it just got cancelled… but it’s a super funny mock news program. Many of the skits are Canadian focused. But I think you’d find it funny no matter where you live.

4 Likes

WOAH — I binged this and it’s :scream::scream::scream: omg so good. I need an update on it! They promised one would be coming soon but I NEED IT.

Excellent rec!

2 Likes

I have always lived in the Boston area and I have heard about the missing art since it happened but I learned so much.

1 Like

I first heard about Bear Brook through Undisclosed. Wasn’t that great?

Today I listen to The Habitat which is about a group sent to live in a dome for 1 year to simulate life on Mars for potential astronauts. To say the interpersonal relationships get interesting is an understatement!

Last week I listened to Bag Man which was about the Nixon/Agnew administration in 1973/74. Most people know about Watergate and all that but this sheds new light on the corruption and criminality, especially with Spiro Agnew.

2 Likes

I live in the Atlanta area and have a 70-90+ minute commute (each way). I just “celebrated” my 20th year at my job. It’s definitely taking a toll!

2 Likes

Thanks, Matt! Your words are as kind as your taste is questionable.

5 Likes

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Myths & Legends! Phenomenal podcast, engaging stories (a lot of stories that have turned into Disney stories/characters). Family friendly* and great for road trips. Greek folklore…Finnish folklore…Indian folklore…it goes on and on.

*Some episodes are scary and/or have language not intended for the young ones. He will give a pre-episode disclaimer if that is the case.

Pretty cool when a podcaster stops by a podcast thread. Good thing we generally say good things about BoM here :wink:

4 Likes