Thoughts on the San Angel Inn?

I’m thinking of trying this for lunch on our Epcot day. I know it hasn’t gotten the best reviews in the past, but some recent reviews seem to suggest the food has improved? It just looks like a neat atmosphere and I was thinking a nice, cool break with a margarita could be good. Haha! Kids are 4 and 7 and like Mexican food so no issues there.

We enjoyed our meal at San Angel on our last visit. It’s a neat atmosphere though a bit dark. Our kids really liked the tacos from the kids menu.

1 Like

I really like it there. The atmosphere is cool (but pretty dark). I thought the food was good last summer. I had the tortilla soup (which they plate in front of you) and the veggie tacos from the appetizer menu. Both were so good!

1 Like

You absolutely can’t beat the atmosphere, especially if you’re next to the water and can watch the boats go by. I’ll admit that it’s been quite a few years since I’ve eaten there, so I don’t have current “intel” on food quality. As I remember it was OK, average Mexican food, an a par with any number of chain Mexican restaurants. Since La Hacienda opened, if I’m in the mood for Mexican food at WDW, that’s my choice because the food is quite good there - but the trade-off is much less immersive theming.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I think we’ll try it!

I have been there twice in the last year and really like it. Go for it!

1 Like

Agree with @bswan26 - for food go to La Hacienda, for themeing go to San Angel.

1 Like

I was worried too after I read the reviews but we have eaten there twice now and liked it both times.

1 Like

My family loves this restaurant. The atmosphere is great and we all like Mexican food. It is not planned for our upcoming trip. Going to try La Hacienda to watch Illuminations.

2 Likes

I love San Angel Inn. Food is good (not great, but good) and the atmosphere is awesome.

1 Like