Thoughts on Rivers of Light?

I’m trying to plan my evenings. We saw the Jungle Book Show they put together before Rivers of Light. I was not that impressed, which is surprising because I usually love night time shows. Is the new show better? I’m wondering if my time would be better spent trying to grab an extra ride in Pandora.

You will love the River of Light. It is very colorful and somewhat like Epcot’s light show with the laser lights. Here though there is a lot of laser displayed animals and scenes. It is definitely a must. I also advise that if you have extra FP’s to use one here as you get better seating. Hope this helps. Have a Magical Day :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! It does sound much different from Jungle Book.

Although I never saw the Jungle Book Show, I really love ROL. It’s a really short show, but it is so beautiful on so many levels. Don’t miss it.

3 Likes

RoL fan here. I cry every time. :earth_americas::giraffe::tiger2::parrot:

2 Likes

ROL is much better. I saw the Jungle Book show and agree it was nothing impressive–it seemed just randomly thrown together. ROL is more cohesive. I appreciate ROL more each time I see it.

1 Like

Beautiful show! If there are two shows, I would be surprised if you needed a FPP.

1 Like

You guys are making me want to go see it again. We saw it once last May and thought meh. But it was pouring rain the entire show so maybe that impacted our assessment. Maybe will try to see it again later this month.

1 Like

We love ROL. The last time we saw it was in December, 2017. At that time they had cast members that were out there. We are going to be seeing it on 3/11 and even though I have heard they removed the cast members, both my wife and I are looking forward to seeing it. It is beautiful.

1 Like

I am going to be the voice of dissent here. We did Tusker House lunch with ROL reserved seating. So, we weren’t fighting with the masses for space. Weather was beautiful. But, we were really disappointed with the show. If we hadn’t been hemmed in by a family with an infant and someone filming, we would have left early. I would have much preferred wandering the park in the beautiful evening hours.

2 Likes

We find Rivers of Light beautiful and atmospheric. We usually have dinner at Satu’li Canteen and grab some desserts from there in a takeaway box (they keep those in the cupboards under the cutlery dispensers etc) to enjoy while we wait for the show to start. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AK is my favorite park. I believe RoL is perfect for AK but most likely would not fit anywhere else in Disney (isn’t that exactly what you would hope Disney would plan?). It is beautiful.

3 Likes

I think if you haven’t seen the show you should go and make up your own mind - as the above shows there are lots of people who enjoy it. From our perspective it was very much one and done - we have much more fun enjoying the general atmosphere, the tree of life, enjoying the ambience of pandora or just enjoying a drink at the Nomad lounge.

2 Likes

ditto. Sure hope though that when Illuminations ends, they don’t “slap” something together for whatever goes in temporarily…may be wishful thinking on my part

3 Likes

I would definitely see it once as there’s a lot of neat stuff going on, but I don’t know if I’d go out of my way to do it again. Between World of Color, Illuminations, and Fantasmic! there wasn’t all that much unique or novel.

1 Like

Want another show to see? Not to mention the food. Try Hoop De Do Review in Wilderness Lodge area. It was great and the food what great. Drawback is you must book it and pay before you go. Like the rest of sit down restaurants in WDW, You can get a refund if you notify them within 24 hours. Just suggestion. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: