Thought I understood then my plan contradicted everything

Experimenting with building a touring plan. Only thing I have blocked in is a hypothetical late breakfast at H and V. Entered all the things we would hope to do, and optimized it over and over. I am so confused because it is putting all the “best fast past choices” at the end of the day. I thought we were supposed to use our fastpasses earlier, in hope to get more fast passes later or at the drops…

I am still trying to figure out how to use the DAS pass in a touring plan in addition to trying to figure out the best fast passes to attempt to get. Ahh…

Your Plan Steps

|1) Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams||
|2) Star Tours: The Adventures Continue||
|3) Hollywood & Vine

10:20am for 60 minutes||
|4) Muppet*Vision 3D||
|5) Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!

Showtimes: 12:00pm, 1:15pm, 3:15pm, 4:45pm, 6:00pm||
|6) Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage

Showtimes: 11:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm||
|7) Celebrate with the Incredibles at Pixar Place||
|8) Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run||
|9) Slinky Dog Dash||
|10) Alien Swirling Saucers||
|11) Toy Story Mania!||
|12) Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway||
|13) Fantasmic!

Showtime: 8:30pm||
|14) Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance|

It’s minimizing your waits and those most popular attractions have shorter waits at the end of the day. I moved mine all the way over to minimize walking and it made a much more comfortable route for me. Then I got the FPPs I could and optimized again both with a balance on minimizing walking and waits and all the was over to minimize walking to decide which way I liked it best.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s telling you to ride those at the end of the day if you don’t get FP for them. Get your FP for those if possible, and as early in the day as possible. (If you are rope dropping, I’d suggest not having your first FP until 1 hour after park opening because you’ll have short lines until then anyway.)

Once you get your FP, plug them in and re-optimize.

2 Likes

This will be easier to help you with if you’ll “Publish” your plan.

To do so, click on your plan. In the large gray box, at the top of the page & before all your activities, click Edit. A pop-up window will appear. You originally saw this when making the plan with dates & times. Right above the blue “Save” button you’ll see a check box next to “Publish this plan”. Check that and you’ll be taken back to the plan. Now in the large gray box, at the top, you’ll see a link that you can click / copy & paste.

Furthermore, Optimize doesn’t care about your current order…it just tries to find the best waiting times. So, after you hit “Done” on some steps, use evaluate to update the times, not optimize. Optimizing is usually the first step in finding the best queue times, but it will rearrange all your steps by wait from low to high.

1 Like

Thanks. That is super helpful!