This is what packing looks like

There is a lot of wisdom in this. Only on a very rare occasion do I have more than one destination on a trip, so the whole suitcase is kind of like one giant “packing cube”. But the suitcase is always loaded the same way for every trip; the only thing that changes is how many of each item I pack.

2 Likes

I absolutely LOVE this!! I love how even in the ziplock bags everything is organized and tidy. Seriously love!!

1 Like

I do this for my kids. So the first 5-7 outfits of the trip are organized and I just toss them a bag in the morning. I do laundry several times during the trip and we will most likely have two outfits a day (cause AUGUST!) But it does make it easier with the kids.

That’s about where my organization ends, tho :wink:

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of packing cubes. I pack them by type of clothing because I never pack outfits. I always pack clothes that all coordinate with each other, so depending on the weather/what’s clean/my mood, I can pull out any top and any bottom and they will go together.

2 Likes

I’m not anywhere near that organized but I do like to try. We have many sets of packing cubes in different colors and each person gets a color (1 of each size-5 total cubes) to pack. Then we can pack suitcases based on how things fit as opposed to by person and everything is still organized.

3 Likes

Oh, I like that idea. DH would probably still do his own packing, but DD and could benefit from that!