This is horse šŸ’©

This! This exactly!!!

Also, Dollywood really does have very excellent roller coasters. And cinnamon bread. Roller coasters and cinnamon bread!!! Isnā€™t that enough to siphon off some of the people who might be in line in front of me at WDW??? :rofl::laughing::rofl::laughing:

7 Likes

Busch Gardens is nice, but it pales in comparison when it comes to quality. Also, you canā€™t get free beer anymore.

1 Like

Wait. Thereā€™s a sea world in OH???

1 Like

There used to be, but it is not here anymore. It was about 15 minutes from where I grew up, and my father would get summer employment there as first aid/EMT so that we could afford season passes to both Sea World and what was once a very small amusement park called Geauga lake right across from it. I grew up in those parks. After I graduated high school, the land was consolidated and passed about by a few different companies. It was owned by six flags at one point, and Cedar Fair at another. It was the largest theme park in the world when six flags bought it, because it was actually two that were smooshed together.

Now it just sits abandoned. And that is the sad, brief history of Sea World Ohio

4 Likes

Plus, often the workers have a hard time looking up from their phones- so little details like making sure that your party loads the same run are too much.

1 Like

I get emails from HersheyPark from being a former Season Passholder. They send out emails and advertise on Facebook to vote for them. I donā€™t think Disney or Universal care about this ranking.

4 Likes

Dollywood is nice, but no way itā€™s better than Disney.

1 Like

Just spent two days at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, prompting some of my kids to ask why weā€™ve wasted so much time at DisneyWorld.

They also want to go back to Dollywood.

Also - who here has ridden Manta? One of the most elegant coaster experiences Iā€™ve ever had.

There is a lot to be said for other parks IMO.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been to all except #ā€™s 2 & 3, though itā€™s been over a decade for some.

Oh, no, of course not, but yā€™know, if someone is waffling, and if it would keep them in East Tennessee instead of in Florida in line in front of me, well, yā€™know, roller coasters in Tennessee are pretty cool, and, um, thereā€™s giant cast iron skillets full of tatersā€™nā€™onions, and um, a steam locomotive, andā€¦ stuff like that thereā€¦ :smiley: :wink:

5 Likes

Manta is one of my favorite coasters ever!

3 Likes

I try and reconcile this list by playing with the semantics that this is a list about ā€œAmusement Parksā€ and not ā€œTheme Parks.ā€

Otherwise, it might make me lose my mind.

6 Likes

WAS a Sea World in Ohio!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been to Kings Island one or more times a year for the past 45 years and there is no way it belongs in the top 10. I call BS on the whole survey.

1 Like

Manta is a fantastic ride.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s how I read it too, but KI being above CP is disgusting. Clearly this was a marketing voting campaign :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I love Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I think the rides themselves have a lot to do with this list
If you ask any coaster enthusiast (my DH being one of them) UO or WDW do not even rank for coasters. Well ahead would be the lesser know parks with much more thrilling coasters. Sea world has a fewā€¦so does busch gardens tampa or cedar point in ohio. When all the hype happened for velocicoaster my DH wasnt even really excited for it. He thinks UO coaster are fun but not as mind blowing or thrilling than say El Toro in Six Flags NJ. Which by the way doesnt even go upside down.
So i think this list has a lot to do with who you are polling. I go to WDW for the whole experience, i am not a huge ride enthusiast and need more from a park to make me happy. My DH loves going to WDW but when it comes to coasters he would pick most of these top 10 over WDW or UO any day of the week.

3 Likes

We are over near Philly (about 1.5 hours away from Hershey) and I feel the same way. Everyone here gets so excited to go to HersheyPark and I am likeā€¦meh. Definitely not a top ten of anything.

3 Likes

My 2 daughters are the 2 opposite extremes when it comes to a list like this. Both just went to Cedar Point last week as part of a group trip through our church. DD16 had been there before, but prefers parks like that to Disney and prioritizes the thrill factor of rides above all else. DD12 though loved the rides too but said itā€™s much more fun to be at Disney for the magical environment and variety of food along with the rides. Their compromise point is probably UOR. Seems more people like my DD16 voted on this list than DD12. I canā€™t say much about most of the parks on the list until I experience them.

1 Like

Reading the article (gasp!), the survey included a list of parks to chose from. Itā€™s possible the list didnā€™t include Disney or Universal.