This is gonna sound so stupid

Dunno if it will spoil the surprise for you, but here are the luggage tag designs for each color MagicBand:

Edit: and before I get corrected, there’s the new purple color added not that long ago:

3 Likes

Again, you only get these big, colorful luggage tags if you booked a package. If you are room only, you don’t. You just get the MagicBands.

I booked a package, so I’m good. But that’s important info to have! Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And now another installment of “This is gonna sound so stupid…!”

So today’s dumb questions:
For my trip, it’s looking to have thunderstorms off and on all day, every day, how will that affect the fireworks for various places? Do they cancel at the drop of a hat (like they do around here in PA), or do they just delay unless it doesn’t look like it will let up anytime soon? I searched and saw that they will try and delay, but is that still accurate?

My trip is a split stay at the same hotel (1 day, then 7 day), how does the checkin/checkout work? I’m guessing that, if my room is changing, that I just bring my stuff down to Bell Services to check out and explain the situation and then leave my bags with them until later when I can check in/room is ready. Is that accurate?

Another flight-newbie question: For anyone that has flown out of Philadelphia International early in the morning before, how early can/should I show for a 6AM Flight?

We usually try to get to PHL 2 hours before the flight time. For a 6am flight, you’ve got more flexibility because there won’t be as many people there, but even at that time of day we’ve seen plenty of people! There’s never no line through security there. It’s a big airport and there’s a lot of walking. Factor in that you’re not familiar with the layout, so give yourself time to find the right places to be - security, finding your gate, find breakfast/coffee, etc. (There’s no complementary breakfast on the plane! Bring your own.) Two hours for a 6am flight should be enough time.

1 Like

Oh, and for the split stay, when you check in for the first time, let them know you have back-to-back ressies, if they can, they will try to put you in the same room for both so you can leave your luggage in the room. Check in for the second reservation online, and then you won’t even have to go back to the desk.

1 Like

Thanks! I was seeing something saying that the “counter” doesn’t open until 4:30AM. What’s that mean? I was going to do a check in online, do I still have to do the counter thing? Or is that where I give them my luggage?

That would be the luggage. If Skycap is open (curbside luggage) you might be able to use them prior to 4:30. Or if you were just carrying on your luggage and had already printed a boarding pass or were using a phone to get through security, you wouldn’t care about the counter not being open.

Checking luggage normally you probably care though…

1 Like

Are you talking about the counter and checking in online for the airport or the resort?

just the airport when referencing the “counter”.

1 Like