This is embarrassing

Just doing my job.

See what I mean?

1 Like

Here’s my advice.

1. Pick a park. MK is probably easiest.

2. Create a personalised plan for any day at all. Doesn’t have to be your park days, just any day. This is purely a test plan.

3. Don’t worry about what you want to do in your actual park day. Just pick some attractions, add a meal, add a break for a Mickey bar (that’s compulsory by the way).

4. Then either Optimise or Evaluate. Liners are divided by this! If you like control (aka you are a total control freak like me), choose Evaluate. If you want to let TP do the hard work for you, choose Optimise.

Actually better still, copy the plan and do one of each. Just remember which is which, maybe name one “my test plan - E” and the other “my test plan - O”.

1. Have a look at the plan.It will show you on a map the numbered steps. And if you don’t understand it, then come back and we can explain how to post them so we can then answer your questions.

In other words, just create a plan and see what it looks like. And then ask questions. We’re a nice bunch, mainly! When people ask for advice we’re kind, honest. The snark only comes with deep philosophical subjects, like Why do people rave about Dole Whips.

3 Likes

Dole Whip. Yeah, that’s not a conversation for polite company.
Also, thank you!

I’m also in the process of doing a sorta Park-hopper-planning walk-thru. It’s basically a long windy version of what @Nicky_S just wrote. Not sure if it’ll apply to anything you’re doing, but you might be able to get some ideas as we go along (it’s ongoing until my trip in December)?

1 Like

How would I follow along?

Just by followin’ this thread.

I know how to do that!

2 Likes

I can’t look it up right now, but there is a YouTube video of Brian setting up a personalized plan that helped me a lot. Also one of Angela using her optimize option in the park. That really helped me see how to be flexible with it and make changes on the go.

1 Like

Going to YouTube it as soon as I get home.

1 Like

So THAT’S what that slider does in the Plan Preferences!

8 Likes

So this is what the Spice Girls have been singing about all these years - they really really really wanna zigga zig when everyone else zags.

3 Likes

I have a question. On the app can you see the map with the numbers? I couldn’t find that the last time I was there for a convention.

I optimize and sometimes want something to stay in place, similar to a meal. For example, let’s say I want a ride to stay at 2 PM, no matter what, but I still want to optimize everything else. The ride is not an FP. Unless I’m doing something wrong, every time I optimize, that 2 PM ride moves

What’s the price of a park hopper, generally speaking. I’m not sure we’ll get much use out of it because we’ll be at one park most days, but we wanted to keep our options open

It varies depending on the days you go. You’d have to mock up a schedule on Disney’s site to get an accurate number. You could also visit undercover tourist to see what they sell their tickets for per the length of your stay.

I wanna say it’s like $60 per ticket on top of whatever the base price of the day is, though.

Yeah, I think we probably wasted some money. I’ll get with my travel agent to see the exact cost. We probably get some kind of four-day package discount (she knew we wouldn’t need them on arrival and departure days), but if we paid anything close to $60 per ticket (4) per day (4), that would be about $900 retail, but even discounted, would still be expenssive. Maybe she can back them out, except for one day when we have an Epcot to MK day.

Thank you

what days you looking to go? I don’t think PH’s can be taken on and off of tickets through your week. You either get them all or you don’t unless you forfeit your multi-day discount and buy 1 day at a time.

2 Likes

Park Hopper is a one time add on fee, not daily. So it would be $60/person for the length of your tickets (assuming $60 is the right price, it may be a little higher).

3 Likes

Ah - much better and well worth it. Thanks

1 Like

All of this. I have learned how to use very complex software programs from reading books and experimenting at my own pace. A video can sometimes be an illustration or an inspiration, but I certainly don’t do much “learning” from them.