This is driving me crazy! (And secretly happy.)

Some people would say it has something to do with too much visits to your sacred/ secret spots at WDW. I am not one of those people. Those people need to have a drink.

1 Like

I would argue it has to do with too few these days!

1 Like

I’ll help you. Just listen to this. I guarantee it’ll cure you of your Soarin’ music:

Never heard it before. Kind of catchy! What’s it from? :wink:

2 Likes

Honest to god I tried that already.

I can still hear that classical piece that I think might be from Impressions de France? It hurts. Make it stop

It is. It’s at 8:13 in this video. Ouch.

Oh, I see. Trick us into being pulled into your state of insanity by making us listen to the music ourselves!

I actually listened to the full Soarin’ soundtrack over and over and over again about 50 times a few days ago, and it seemed to do the trick. Now I’m working hard to not listen to ANYTHING catchy.

Try this. I am pretty sure it will get rid of Soarin’…

I’ve never actually seen Illuminations (that I can recall), so I’m not sure the music would have much impact on me.

I have used the full Soarin’ queue loop as my go to driving music for awhile now.

I also have the Soarin ride recording on my phone, but don’t listen to that too often as that kinda chokes me up. It always reminds me of that first ride when my kids were 6 & 9 - DD6 was scared and I told her I’d keep my arm across her for the ride, but as soon as we went up her face lit up so brightly.

I looked across her to DS9 and DW and their faces were all smiles too.

OK, now I’m choked up again.

3 Likes

This is the stuff that makes us the addicts we are :heart:

1 Like

Have you tried this to relieve your pain?

4 Likes

Oh…don’t even!

1 Like

That is just mean!

2 Likes

Oh you are an evil, evil woman.

2 Likes

But you aren’t plagued with the Soarin’ song, now are you? :wink:

I am not.

It’s now the Impressions de France

Please keep up :wink:

1 Like

As I was reading this thread I thought “I know what Disney song will cure their ear worm”. I guess we’re both evil. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Like a Disney Rickroll. :smiley:

1 Like

My favorite part of the soundtrack is between 2:40 and 3:15. It’s the part with the orange groves and then Death Valley in the old Soarin’ Over California version. I love the french horns and the mariachi style percussion in that section. And the smell of the oranges is the best! (Oh, I hope that Soarin’ over California version is still at Disneyland when it reopens! They had it there for a special reprise last year.)

Incidentally, I have always heard and believed that the best cure for having a song stuck in your head is to listen to a recording song, all the way through once. It satisfies your brain’s desire to link the parts together.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’ve never heard that. Wonder if I can remember that . . . :thinking:

My go to ear worm remover is Pencil Thin Mustache, J Buffet.

No matter how loud the inner noise, Pencil Thin Mustache always comes to mind, does its job and then fails to linger.

2 Likes