This "home" business

Personality tests aren’t meant to justify your “personality quirks”, but merely categorize them.

I am an INTJ. But it not only is reflective of my natural strengths, it also gives me insight into what I need to be more mindful of with regards to my weaknesses.

Over the years, my I has drifted closer and closer to the E. The N now teeters closer to the S. But my biggest “problem” is the T. I’m a T almost exclusively. Not even an inkling of an F. But because of this, I rely much more on my wife, who is decidedly in the F side of things. She helps me to make up for my seeming inability to give two hoots about what someone FEELS about something if it is otherwise logical! :slight_smile:

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. Does WDW feel like “home” to me?

Nope. In fact, it is the very un-home-ness of WDW that makes me love it so much. It is an escape from real life. With or without my family there, the feelings I Have, the experiences, the sights, sounds, smells, etc., are very much UNLIKE home.

2 Likes

It’s possible I wasn’t being wholly serious.

2 Likes

No. I don’t think so. Instead, I think it altogether probable. No. Guaranteed.

But you see, I took that line as an opportunity to trumpet my own knowledge of the personality traits and make people either:

1. Despise me for coming across as a know-it-all
    or
  2. Love me for my continual insight

So really, my response had nothing to do with you at all!

1 Like

Everything is about me. All the time.

I kind of agree with you here. WDW is not my “home” or really any kind of “home”. It’s a really cool theme park/resort complex that I get to go to once every several years, but that does not qualify as “home”. Visiting the town in which I grew up (and haven’t been to in over 25 years) would be “going home”. Even visiting towns in WA and CA in which I or my parents have lived in the past has a sense of “going home”. But a random hotel room in what is arguably the most (pleasantly) artificial environment ever created just doesn’t have that sense. Of course if I won the lottery and bought one of those $5 million houses in Golden Oak, I might have a different opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is what is known as narcissism. And the fact that I’m diagnosing it as such is only to illustrate my knowledge of the word narcissism, having nothing to do with you specifically. The fact that you resemble the term is merely coincidence.

But I suppose since you are a narcissist, you will have trouble believing me. This does pose a bit of a paradox.

No, it’s called being “presidential”.

Note to all members Sorry, sorry, sorry! It was just a joke! I couldn’t resist! I didn’t mean it!

8 Likes

You know. I notice that some of my posts (and the same with others’ posts) end up with a “Like”…sometimes more.

I find this very curious. Does a “Like” mean anything useful here? Is there some ranking of “likeness” that goes on? Can I look at the top most-liked posts?

I really am flummoxed by this whole “Like” concept.

I believe the “Like” is really just a supportive way to indicate you appreciated the humor in the post, enjoyed the read or even are acknowledging that you saw the response to a question which you appreciated but don’t really have anything further to add in the discussion. There are various “badges” one gets based on likes as well, but those aren’t exactly meaningful either. A list of the most liked posts ever would likely be interesting…

1 Like

My most liked post has 39 likes.

Showing off again!!

It appears one can actually sort off of Likes by thread. If you go to to the “Top” choice and then pick “All Time” it shows a bunch of threads and I believe those are sorted by most likes for an individual post in that thread. @profmatt’s trip report is #10 or 11 on that list and contains his masterful 39-Like post…

You do have to scroll through the thread to find the liked post in question though.

Hmm. Okay then. Well, I just don’t get it. Like me. Don’t like me. It matters little.

I think it would be better to have a “Useful” option, rather than “Like”. I mean, I would find it, well, useful, to know which posts most people find useful.

Anyhow, sorry. I distracted the conversation at hand.

There’s no place like home. click, click, click There’s no place like home.

:open_mouth:

:nauseated_face:

:face_vomiting:

:sob::sob:

This is my plan… of course I’d actually have to buy a lotto ticket, but hey, there’s always tomorrow. :grin:

1 Like

That is exactly what happened to me and why I was so eager to go back a second time and hopefully be more present and it enjoy it all even more. Eventhough I kept telling myself to stop and notice all of the details, it was difficult since I was the navigator, time keeper, and all around decision maker. I want to put my Disney education to use at least one (if not many) more time (s).

I went once or twice when I was a kid and if I remember correctly, when you checked in, they always said “Welcome Home” when you had checked in. That’s where I got it, but I could have mis-remembered.

No, Disney is not my home. I am too much of an introvert to want to live around all those people. However, I do like the bubble, and call it such. When I’m there, I’m not worrying about other stuff…