Things more expensive than Disney tickets

So DW and I are pretty big Springsteen fans. (I’m sure you see where this is going). We’ve been to several of his concerts over the last 15 years, and were excited when we heard he would be touring again in 2023. The last time we saw him in 2012 at the Garden, we had upper balcony nosebleed seats that we paid $75 for each.

We are in a bit better of a financial situation now than we were in 2012, so we were hoping for loge seats, figuring we would pay around $150 each for those, again based on 2012 pricing with a bit of inflation thrown in. We did the stupid verified fan thing, and I got a code.

We logged in Wednesday morning and were shocked at what we found. Loge seats were $450. Even the nosebleed seats we had sat in 10 years ago were over $300 each. Now, Bruce is known for really long concert sets, sometimes even over 4 hours but certainly well over 3. But that $$$$ for 3-4 hours of entertainment? We passed. We could spend a day at Disney with park hoppers for my whole family for the cost of loge seats for DW and I to see Springsteen. Disappointed, but we will save that money for our next Disney trip.

The whole world is going insane.

9 Likes

I was just thinking about this. I just purchased tickets for the Cincinnati Open (tennis) finals for DS and me. Tickets were $350 a piece. :grimacing: :see_no_evil: It was painful to purchase but DS will only be at home for a few more years and lives and breathes tennis these days.

… all that to say… I was thinking about some uocharge events at Disney that I may not say no to in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I honestly would do the same for DS12 and baseball. He loves the game so much and although we have a number of years before he goes off to college, they’ll go by way too fast.

4 Likes

Tbh I am always first to say no to expensive things but DH is the voice of reason on the benefits of sometimes spending said money.

5 Likes

A day at Fun Mountain at Big Cedar- yikes!

1 Like

Even with these Red Sox? :laughing:
28-5, record-breaking

I still love them.

3 Likes

I just checked prices for the Murrayfield date. Over £1000 for two of us. One site seems to have cheaper tickets if we want to stand, but I think those days are past now. Those would still be £600 for the two of us.

The last time I saw him was his acoustic tour he did, years ago now. I suspect that might be the last time. :frowning:

3 Likes

I paid $300 each for tickets to Tom Petty in 2017. It was the only thing my husband truly wanted for his birthday. The seats I wanted were $600 each, but no. Absolutely not! Tom Petty passed away five months later, so I’m glad we got to see him. A few months back I paid close to $400 for two tickets to this year’s Most Merriest Christmas party. :face_with_peeking_eye: :laughing:

4 Likes

For cheap seats try the Washington Nationals. They are so bad some ground level seats go for $10. May be over priced at that rate, though.

5 Likes

Aren’t NFL and NBA tickets also notoriously expensive? I’m not American and it’s been almost 10 years since Insaw a game of either but even back then I recall it being super expensive and Indon’t imagine it has gotten any cheaper.

It does give you perspective… You can fly to another continent for a few hundred but can’t see a 2hr concert from decent seats :confounded:

1 Like

I haven’t seen airline tickets for a few hundred lately though…

1 Like

We have a local baseball park. A lower minor league team. Tickets are less than $20 for decent seats. There are times I can get my kids in for free. The food is from local places and more reasonably priced than MLB. It’s a nice time and doesn’t cost a fortune. The local team has even won their division several times.

Concert tickets for well know artists are out of control. I haven’t been to a major concert in years.

3 Likes

I was astonished at how cheap my ticket for both parts of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was. £160, with no additional taxes or fees. That’s around $190 for around six hours of theatre. In the stalls.

4 Likes

Yeah minor league baseball is awesome.

4 Likes

PawSox?

1 Like

The first thing that came to my mind was “divorce.” That is the entire reason you will ever see my DH inside a disney park. I think he considers it an investment in my happiness and thus our marriage :rofl: I would venture to guess this is true for a decent number of spouses in the park :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I miss the PawSox so much. Worcester isn’t beyond reason to get to by any means, but we could drive to see the PawSox in 20 minutes.

2 Likes

We like to go to the Fisher cats when they’re playing the seadogs

2 Likes

I hear you on that! Disney is my thing and the boat is DH’s thing.

3 Likes

Are we in the same marriage? DH spent both days on the boat this weekend lol

1 Like