Things I'm glad we did BEFORE our trip

Have an amazing trip! I think it was $5 for the extra lanyard and photo pass card. It turned out we really only used 2 lanyards (the two from the photopass people) after the first day – my husband had our 4 park passes plus a photo pass in one, and I had the 4 room keys (for express pass) and the other photo pass in the other. It made it easier for the rides where things needed to be secured and the kids, who have fidgeting-with-things tendencies, just had to keep track of their hats that way. For Hulk, which was the only ride we child swapped, my husband took 2 express passes in his pocket and I held everything else in the child swap waiting room until it was my turn.

We may be splitting up into two or three groups, and I want each group to have a lanyard.

That makes sense. We only split into 2 groups a few times and never more, so 2 photo pass cards and lanyards was enough. I thought we’d each need a lanyard for our passes/express passes so it was good after the first day when we came up with a more efficient system.

We’ll have an 11, 12, and 14 year old, plus myself and one another adult. Last time I went with the other adult, the 11 year was 10, but he managed his own ticket on a lanyard. Worked out really well for us. I’m thinking even with the two older kids, we’ll manage.

1 Like

I recall from my last trip to UO, that many rides required you to store items in lockers – Did your husband have to store the lanyard in the locker or was he allowed to wear the lanyard on the bigger rides?

I have worn my lanyard on every ride I went on. I had no issues wearing it on Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, MIB, or Mummy. For most of the rides, I tucked it into my shirt before boarding the ride vehicle.

3 Likes

For the ones where we child swapped (Hulk, and kind of Rip Ride Rockit), the adult riding gave everything except express pass to the adult not riding. But that was probably an excess of caution --for everything else I think we just tucked lanyards in shirts.