Things Disney should have done during the “break”

Fix the Yeti!

Feel free to add your own ideas.

6 Likes

Solve one transportation issue by finishing the walking bridge from GF.

14 Likes

Finished demolition of the old Innoventions buildings!

5 Likes

Like @Jeff_AZ I would like the Epcot redo accelerated.

4 Likes

… but WD had to shut down too to protect employees… :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking: I was looking forward to Ratatouille :rat:

2 Likes

Ooh - good one! All outdoor work, so easy to do even with restrictions.

2 Likes

Since no one else has mentioned:

Finish or make significant progress on:

• Space 220
  • GotG coaster
  • Tron lightcycle coaster
  • Toy Story Land restaurant
3 Likes

all these, but if one? Finish the damn Epcot FW construction horror

6 Likes

Work on a covid vaccine, but only make it available to on site guests.

8 Likes

:joy:

:rofl:

Hippy Dippy Pool in POP. Or all the pools for that matter.

I think it’s just for a bit of fun…

I’m adding get Space 220 open, finish setting up and testing Harmonius, and make sure ROTR runs like a dream!

(At least I have until next April for some of that to actually happen)

The castle! Hope this can still be achieved. Who wants scaffolding on their castle shot?

5 Likes

Of course, perhaps Disney thinks it is a feature. After all, who wanted THIS in their castle shot?

8 Likes

When I was growing up we went to WDW as our family vacation every summer. I know it’s an eyesore, but I distinctly remember the year the castle looked like a cake. It was something different that sticks out in my mind.
Even just seeing the picture in your post made me smile.

1 Like

Is my impression correct that Universal did proceed with construction during the shutdown? So then wdw didn’t for PR reasons or whatever?

Definitely should have finished that walking bridge.

I understood the WDW construction pause was money based.

We have family members in construction - they didn’t stop working. Tho I think I’ve heard other states’ construction wasn’t deemed essential

Michigan had shut down all construction (except construction being on by the government, such as roads!)…but construction was the first thing to open back up during the phased re-opening.

I remember seeing the prom on commercials as a kid and wanting to go to see the castle as a cake so bad!

1 Like