The writing on the wall?

Yes! This would be wonderful!

3 Likes

Those are both amazing ideas!!:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I almost forgot Harryhausen’s in Tomorrowland.

2 Likes

What’s a Snuggly Duckling? Who is Haryhausen?

The Tavern from Tangled

Harryhausen’s was the sushi restaurant from Monsters, Inc.

2 Likes

While I’m not a Sushi kind of guy, they could convert the Stitch’s Great Escape into such a place pretty easily, I’d think!

2 Likes

This one came to me after I posted. I guess I haven’t watched Tangled enough times…

1 Like

We flew into the Daytona airport once and hopped on an Uber. It was amazing. We were to the hotel in the same time or quicker than waiting on Magical Express. We flew out of a smaller airport not in our town that year due to a scheduling issue. What a great change! Made the start of the trip a breeze.

What happened to Tiana’s Liberty Square boat party?

Sunk.

(what?)

In all seriousness, looks like it’s no longer available anymore. According to the Disney mom’s blog thing though, there’s a rumor it might back soon for summer? Hard to say. (What IS the point of that blog anyway? They’re like pseudo-affiliated with Disney but get no actual information yet act like they have the inside track?)

1 Like

I’ve wondered the same thing. In addition, some of the responses come for men who are clearly not moms. :confused:

Never heard of Mr. Mom?

That’s sexist. :rofl:

1 Like

Totally forgot about that Mom’s Panel

Their answers are vague and unhelpful.

1 Like

But always super enthusiastic with lots of !!!

2 Likes

:joy:

Tron is a good example. No interest in the movie at all but I love Intamin”s launch coasters (we have several in the uk) and hope fully that will shift 1500 people per hour plus another few thousand waiting for it. Shame they nixed the MK full theatre. Never really understood why they haven’t put a full on Broadway level show venue in. They have enough productions to rotate every year. Even if they are extra cost.

I’m late to this discussion, but I want to comment on FP is bad thread. I went to WDW several times as a child (70’s) and again as a young adult (early 90’s), and DLR several times as a teen (late 80’s). ALL I remember about those trips were waiting in lines…truly! That’s it!!! In 1985(?) I joined my best friends family after Xmas at DLR and I honestly am not sure we made 4 rides the entire day and I have a visceral memory that still sticks with me well into my adulthood of the futility of that day.

Fast forward to 2015 (WDW) and 2017 (DLR) where I planned multi-generational trips in the electronic FP era (MaxPass has thankfully just rolled out a few months before our DLR trip). The experience was night and day. All the way through our MK trip my Dad kept saying how much more enjoyable the trip was than he had anticipated (makes sense, right? If my memory as a kid was waiting in lines imagine what his memory as the Dad was). They were thrilled as we skipped 90 —100 minute waits for PP and The Jungle Cruise, and Space, and Splash and HM and Big Thunder, and were shocked as we breezed on other rides like Ariel and Winnie and Buzz (twice) and then and only then felt what even 20 minute waits were like for Pirates and IASW. Boy, they noticed those tiny waits in contrast to the rest of our experience. Note: we did wait 70 minutes for 7DMT so they had one taste across 2 days at MK of the so called good old days! We favored newer shows like PhilHarmagic, and Enchanted Tales, over the legacy ones (country bears, tiki room etc).

Say what you may about the good old days…my kids, not having hardly waited in a line all at either park, (except 7D) remember the rides and meet and greets etc. Without Fast Pass, or Max FP, there are not enough morning touring hours to knock out all the rides before lines grew even back then to unbearable lengths.

6 Likes