The writing on the wall?

Magic Kingdom doesn’t have Tiers.

1 Like

AK only has FOP and Navi. HS has the 3 TSL rides.

:exploding_head:

Hmm. No wonder you keep misreading my posts. Your mind has exploded. Just thought you should know.

1 Like

partly. The other part is the sheer volume of you screaming “FPS ARE EVIL.” :stuck_out_tongue: I mean… it’s text…it shouldn’t make noise, but yet it is and you’re scaring my neighbors.

(This explains why I can’t seem to get a SDD FP everytime I’m getting notified. It’s because I already have Toy Story Mania. Well…crap).

Well, I have mentioned my hostile resting face in some previous thread, so this shouldn’t be unexpected…

1 Like

You, sir or madam, are hereby fined 1.0625 WaltCoin™ for egregious use of “logic” in a Disney forum. This is a place for rending of garments and gnashing of teeth.

9 Likes

To add my own irrelevant meeping:

When word of the NextGen initiative came out in earnest, I started asking my (non-trivial number of) CM friends what they thought of it. After I explained what I knew of it to them (CMs usually learn of things much later than fan-obsessives), to a number, I mean without exception, their first response was that it was going to cut their hours.

Full time CMs are an ever-decreasing number. Most are part time with on-demand scheduling. Plural of “anecdote” not being “data,” and all, I hear how getting regular shifts now needs much more seniority and pretty decent glad-handing of the team leads.

edit: My point was to say that NextGen and the data it was supposed to generate were firstly about cutting labor costs, and improving guest experience second. There’s nothing investment banks seem to hate about companies more than “excessive” labor costs.

5 Likes

My apologies, I won’t let it happen again. I seem to be short on WaltCoins at the moment, as an alternate penance, should I just try to login to MDE 5 times and attempt to perform simple acts such as booking an ADR?

4 Likes

No, you must keep hitting refresh until you get a FP for Flight of Passage.

2 Likes

I’m with @Randall1028 on this one.

I’ve achieved much of what I want to achieve at WDW having had a few great trips. I plan to be much more relaxed with my upcoming trips.

I’m guaranteed two good ADRs and three FPPs per day. Throw in a couple of shows, including a night-time show (to which it’s easy to get priority access, e.g. with dining packages) and I’m satisfied. The rest of time I’ll try to just enjoy the parks and the resort. I’ll see what fourth FPPs are available and maybe take one. Or two. But I don’t want to be standing in line ignoring the theming while I stare at MDE trying to find extra FPPs.

I accept that people who visit infrequently will have different objectives. And my plan relies on there being FPPs to guarantee three rides with short waits.

I also think @bswan26 was absolutely right about how SWGE is a missed opportunity in terms of being a fifth park. I don’t believe Star Wars is a short-term fad. Much of MK is based on decades-old movies yet the rides are still fun and maintain an emotional resonance.

I’m not very interested in Star Wars much beyond the first couple of movies. But SWGE is so richly themed and imagineered that I expect it will be an incredible experience. Much as Pandora or WWOHP is.

It does seem like Disney keeps making money-saving choices that are somewhat short-sighted.

4 Likes

If this was all I was going to aim for (esp with paying extra for access), I wouldn’t bother going. I expect to do every stinking attraction that I am interested -some twice- and 1-2 night time attractions each DAY for what I pay.

5 Likes

Please do not involve me in this your insanity :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but it’s several movies working together that is surviving the test of time, and even then… it’s not really the movies themselves that are the Realestate in MK, but rather genres of stuff. Fantasy Land, LibertySquare, Main Street, all are borrowing elements of movies and then doing away with them once the popularity has worn off (20,000 leagues under the sea springs to mind, And If it wasn’t insanely cost prohibitive, I have no doubt that Cinderella’s castle would be replaced with Arendell’s ice castle until the Frozen craze has waned.).

Each one of these lands are completely different and appeal to different people. If it was ALL fantasy land, I would argue it’d likely fail. Which is why I think a complete park dedicated to a single genre (Star Wars) would also fail to work. People’s tastes evolve and a full park cannot evolve with it.

And I meant Star Wars itself isn’t the fad so much as the current popularity of it is. We are living in a time coming out of an 18 year drought of official content. Now, it’s every 18minutes there’s something new. The cosplay, the games, the movies, the cartoons, the umpteen outlets of media. Eventually, it’s start to bore people. People are saying the same thing about the Superhero genre. It’s like fashion trends. It’ll fade away and come back in another form down the line.

1 Like

You have thrown a lot of money at Disney to make sure you got to do what you wanted as well though, right? You’ve already paid for basically every available extra so now you’ve reached a point where you don’t feel it’s necessary any longer. Which makes sense.

I’m not attacking you for doing that, don’t get me wrong. Just pointing out that it’s a different perspective again, which adds to the discussion.

4 Likes

mousematt, The focus is bound to shift when one moves from being a regular but a infrequent visitor to just a frequent visitor, don’t you think?

So akin to ‘closing the stable door after the horse has bolted’.:slight_smile:

It depends how you look at it I suppose.

1 Like

While I know it won’t help with capacity and I’m probably in the minority here, I wish Disney would create more immersive themed restaurants. When we go to WDW it’s entirely about what our kids enjoy. Would love to see Snuggly Duckling in Fantasyland and Tiana’s Place in Liberty Square. Would love to see Tappers at HS and Gusteau’s at the French Pavilian.

5 Likes

True. Adding more restaurants won’t add capacity since the same number of people are still eating…it just shifts WHERE they eat. But, Disney will hope that rather than you spend your time eating at a lower priced place, you’ll pay more for similar food at a place that offers an “experience”.

To add capacity, they need to provide, on a per hour basis, more opportunities for people to actually be RIDING something. Basically, ride/attraction throughput. Although, one of the tricks Disney likes to do is occupy your time “in line” so that you are effectively taken out of the mix of people trying to find another ride. So, hopefully they will build more and more rides/attractions that can handle 2000+ people per hour, and if they replace something, that the thing they are building can handle more people per hour than the thing they are replacing it with!

1 Like