The writing on the wall?

That’s true, but I think it’s still healthy to keep in mind you won’t get to do everything you want.
When we went last April, it was supposed to be our one trip for a few years. That did change but at the time that was our mindset. And we didn’t do everything but we didn’t care at the end of the day because we had a blast.

And I did say that we would have a good time anyway… But with 2 weeks to be honest we never have any trouble doing everything we want to do several times. So I don’t really know why I’m arguing. I guess I’m just in an argumentative mood. I’m going to shut up now.

1 Like

:rofl: Arguing on a discussion forum? Who ever heard of such a thing?

All in good fun.

1 Like

Right, but I said that for spontaneous trips. If it’s not spontaneous… then we agree it can’t apply. But the charge was

In this specific case, where you just want to drop what you’re doing and go for a few days: the only thing you can do (without Disney’s intervention) is to take what you can get and not care about the things you didn’t get.

I’m certainly not saying anyone who stresses on a milestone trip is doing it wrong (quite the opposite), I’m saying for those who “long for Disney to be easy” I’m suggesting that it still can be… you just have to shift your expectations.

Sorry, but this isn’t valid in proving FPs are bad at all. Different time, circumstances, and everything else. Conversely, I have an anecdote about the FP line being shorter than the Stand By for Space Mountain and the Stand By Line being faster.

Out of complete curiosity, I looked it up.

There were 12.4 million visitors to MK in 1982, and about 20.4 million in 2016 (the last year I went). Not as big of increase as I had expected, but still a bit over 50% higher.

Wasn’t trying to. What I WAS trying to show is that it is highly unlikely that eliminating FPs would create waits of 180 min for BTMR.

EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS YOU SAYING FPS ARE BAD! I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE ANY OTHER STANCE!!!

EDIT: even when you say “You know those Dole Whips? They’re pretty good” it reads “CURSE THOSE FPS!!!”

GOOD DAY! :stuck_out_tongue:

(and apparently all caps freaks out the forum system)

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I’m going on a business trip to Orlando in a little more than 2 weeks and just got my tickets last week. I was able to get FPs for anything I wanted, with the exception of 3 attractions.

No, no, no. I’m saying FPs don’t make things much better, if at all, and there are negatives that come along with it.

I would prefer there not be FPs at all. But that doesn’t make them all bad. They serve a purpose if used well.

This is what we* see :smile:

*“we” used very loosely.

2 Likes

Hmm. I think my eyes must be going bad, or something, because that’s not what I see at all! :wink:

Maybe I exaggerated just a little :wink: - but I read a good article on it once that explained the science behind FP, and that peak crowds in the late 90s were getting out of control and was a huge source of.guest complaints - and how paper FP alleviated that and how FPP helped to further alleviate it.

Ironically, I was there in 2001 (prior to that, in 1995, and in 1998) after they introduced the paper FP. That’s when I learned to despise them, actually. (Which, for @Randall1028 means: FPS ARE EVIL!)

toldya.

nuh-uh! I’m rubber and you’re glue, what you said bounces off me and sticks to you! Ha! Ha infinity!

it’s like you’re trying to communicate with us… I just know it!! :laughing:

1 Like

Wait, wait wait! I have it. I have the solution.

Disney needs to make ALL of their attractions Tier 1 attractions. Then ALL of the rides will be in high demand, instead of everyone fighting over a few Tier 1s like they have now. That’s it. I’m sure of it.

confession time: i still don’t think I get the tiered system. The only thing it does it seemingly block out the ability to select another tier 1 for the day. But I have no clue, other than in epcot, what the tier 1s are (frozen and soarin are the only ones I know of).

I kinda treat everything as a tier 1 now as a result. Choose the ride you want… if it removes other rides, choose whatever else you can get. Keep going until MDE says “Hold on there!”

Test Track, Character Spot, Illuminations.

1 Like

Yup, see… had no idea. And the rest of the parks? hah, nope. I can only assume that 7DMT is one.