The Waiting Game

Dear Resale Owners! Can you share with me how long it took for the selling party to complete their side of things and for the company dealing with resale to send to Disney for ROFR? I completed contract and paid portion to Title company. Just wondering over here:)

1 Like

Things right now are moving faster than they have in recent history. So it may not be helpful for us to share our experiences.

It took a very long time – I was just looking back now and it was a solid 3 months from offer to points available to book - for my contract to go through the whole process and points to land in my account. It’s moving much faster nowadays

1 Like

It’s been a few days and I still have not heard if our contract has been sent to Disney for ROFR. What might be the hold up? How long does it take before the company shares they have sent the contract to Disney?

1 Like

That totally depends on your company. We used a well-known resale company and they informed us 4 days after we signed the contract that it had been sent to Disney for ROFR.

3 Likes

Each step can take between days to weeks depending on broker, seller, and Disney (and you). I saved the timeline of my experience somewhere. I’ll try to find it. But as OBNurse said it may not be representative.

3 Likes

If your seller is international, it takes longer because of some extra steps - so that could factor too.

2 Likes

Waiting Game Update: my contract was sent to Disney for ROFR today. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Good luck!! I’m right there with you. My contract was submitted for ROFR on Tuesday. The waiting is terrible!

2 Likes

Good luck to you as well! It is so much fun thinking about the vacation possibilities!

I know! DH and I have been planning our welcome home trip and we’re discussing having it be just the two of us, but my mom guilt started creeping in yesterday. I asked DH if we should bring the kids on our first trip as DVC owners, and he was like, no, they’ve gone on plenty of Disney trips and there will be plenty more, let’s celebrate this without them. And he’s right, we have many more trips to plan!

Remind me again where you bought? Saratoga? We did a smallish (100 pt) contract at AKV.

You and your husband are in a very similar space as my wife and I. We bought 150 point Saratoga contract. We have a friend with a Saratoga contract and she shared that she has no problem booking 7 months out.

You and your husband deserve a couples only trip:)

My wife and I plan on going every other year for a week long stay and renting out points the every other year to cover dues.

This will also allow us to reach our other travel goals- Europe, Hawaii, all inclusive Caribbean, etc:)

After our last trip doing the monorail crawl (which included a boat ride to Wilderness Lodge); we fell in love with WL and probably will go there in a couple of years

3 Likes