The truly important stuff: Laundry!

We had one dryer that was so bad. I want to say it was at Beach Club. That dryer was given at least 3 chances to get those jeans dry.

DH was on duty that trip or there’d been fewer dryer cycles.

We have photos photos with jeans in the background hanging in the room. Took days to dry. That was a loong time ago. We’ve had better. But not awesome.

1 Like

The trick to shorten the dry time is to use more machines and balance the items. A load with heavy jeans and thick cotton socks will take longer to dry than a load that is well mixed. Spread the love - shorten the dry time - spend a couple extra bucks to have some more free time not obsessing over whether they are dry or not.

And, never, ever put shoes in the Disney dryers. They kick open the dryer doors and stop the drying. (Don’t ask me how I know! LOL) Bring an extra pair of shoes kids. :rofl:

2 Likes

I tend to be a night owl rather than early morning person with the laundry (my kids are younger though, so the whole family is usually up earlier and then I stay up for a bit while they go to bed earlier). Laundry at WL was super convenient for us - right off the elevators and was easy for me to get back and forth to (and enjoy fireworks on the balcony while I was waiting!).

2 Likes

Our one and only Disney World trip was in January 2012. We were leaving early on a Saturday morning and the week before had a huge snow storm (for us) and the power was out for days. We had to bring dirty clothes on our trip and wash them when we got to Forida! We were staying in a VRBO with my brother and SIL so thankfully this wasn’t an issue. I was so stressed out thinking I would have to pack by flashlight as I was at work all day and it gets dark here by 4:30 in January. Luckily, the power came back on late Friday and I was able to pack with light. But a mixture of clean and dirty clothes. :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:
You do realize we know you, right?

1 Like

I was nice once

:grin:

1 Like

3 Likes

I like going home with mostly clean laundry, so I always pick a day about 3/4 into the trip to do laundry. It seems like we never pack the exactly right things anyway and are ready for a refresh. The link to watch the machines & get alerts is awesome. I ether use a night we get home earlier, or more commonly, a pool afternoon to do laundry.

1 Like

Yep! And it’s gross for the next person anyway. Pack water friendly shoes, or stuff wet tennis shoes with newspaper.

I don’t think it’s even occurred to me to put shoes in the dryers. Maybe partly b/c $$? My instinct is use the hair dryer. Yes, more labor intensive. But definitely cheaper and no need to leave the room.

1 Like

OCD here. We were doing the thing where we were wearing 20% of what we brought. I started keeping track of what we each brought and what we actually wore.

Turns out, at least in the 90s and 00s, FL clothes are different from MO clothes. We adjusted our inventory some, brought less, wore more of what we brought. Packed lighter, which is our goal for some reason. :thinking:

We don’t wear everything because we’ve gotten used to always packing at least one long sleeve shirt/pants and one sleeveless/shorts outfits, no matter what the month we’re traveling.

As we’ve gotten older, we’re nearly good with a backpack for clothes and a big checked luggage for shoes. :rofl:

2 Likes

I miss the days that I could carry my toiletries in my carry on. It’s the #1 reason I have to check a bag.

3 Likes

I noted that what is needed and how much depends on the season. When it’s really HOT we come back to resort for swim/nap and change clothes before evening meal. But we don’t need to change clothes during the winter months.

True, but when we went we wore everything from bathing suits to winter hats and jackets. Packed for and experienced temperatures from low 40s to high 80s.

2 Likes

Definitely we’ve had winter trips that we wore all warm weather clothes and the long sleeved shirt sat unloved. Other winter trips we didn’t bring enough long sleeved shirts.
We usually drive, so we’ve got the coats, scarves, gloves which came in handy one winter. I recall eating at the Concourse Steakhouse with our coats and hats on. Sure felt sympathy for the wait staff.

1 Like

On the other side of that coin, some people are jerks and leave their laundry in the machines for hours on end before removing it. I used Laundry View in October for the BWV laundry room. A washer had been “available” since I’d checked while waiting for the bus at MK, but was still full when I arrived with our clothes in the laundry room. I moved the stuff into a cart, washed my stuff, put it in a dryer, and halfway through the dry cycle in comes the owner, spitting mad that anyone would “touch her stuff.”

4 Likes

Agreed. And sometimes it’s the same person who does both. :rofl:

3 Likes

Has anyone used SudShare to do their laundry while in WDW? Dear Husband gets stressed out over laundry at WDW. I didn’t really understand that until last year. It is a major point of unhappiness for him.

I’d like to eliminate that problem if I can, so I Googled “laundry service Walt Disney World” and got an ad for this SudShare app. Sounds fine, but do they really pick up and deliver at a Disney resort? I’m skeptical.

What is SudShare?

Disney has its own laundering service and pricing is IMO quite reasonable.

I know they used to, but I haven’t seen it mentioned lately. I figured it was one of those things that had not come back since the pandemic started.

But that would be so much easier! :smiley: