The Trip Where I Turn 50 In The Same Year As Magic Kingdom!

What does OTF stand for?

Sorry - OrangeTheory Fitness.

Cute cat photos definitely fulfill the cute kid photo requirement.

5 Likes

Awesome! I thanks I couldn’t figure it out.

1 Like

Sorry - I know it’s not a Disney acronym. I forget not everyone is used to the abbreviation.

No problem super popular here too, just didn’t make the connection.

1 Like

Thanks! I sent that to my sister yesterday who was dealing with a zoom meeting (with mic and camera off). She said “She looks like a kitten again there!” Merida was just curled up against my hip like she likes to sit sometimes. And you can’t see the chonkiness here. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

One week to Disney arrival!!! I am so excited!

11 Likes

You’ll have a wonderful time! I’m looking forward to hearing how the Capture Your Moment goes. I’d really like to do one in AK next trip too

2 Likes

In classic Beth form, I managed to somehow sit weird and sprain/strain some of the tiny ligaments on the outside of my ankle. Walked to the bank and back no problem. Sat down and the outside of my ankle hurt like OUCH and was bruised (see picture). With my trip and with it being so random I went to the ER just to be safe. The doctor did a thorough touch/press/wiggle exam and said that since I can walk and stand without pain or limping it is most likely that I sprained/strained one or two tiny ligaments.

Rest, wrap, ice, ibuprofen for the next couple of days.

I’m walking better than the trip about 38 years ago when I had a bike wreck and pulled a hip muscle within a week of a church family trip to the World, so I feel confident I will be fine.

My sister’s response to my text to the family was “Weirdo.” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

That looks painful! I hope it’s much better by the time you leave. And what a random injury :joy:

2 Likes

Thankfully it only hurts when I actually touch my ankle - not when I’m walking. Still staying off it today - which should be pretty easy. I’m waiting on the new fridge to come - should be between 11:30 and 2:30. Big benefit to packing early is I don’t have to do it now!

And yeah - that is all I can figure is that when I went to sit like I often do when sitting down on my bed I somehow bent my foot just weird enough to do it. Otherwise I’m clueless!

1 Like

Oh that’s good. Still sensible to rest it though. I’m glad you already packed!

1 Like

Yes!

My leg is actually more sore from trying to sleep with it elevated a bit. Haha!!

1 Like

ROFL – I like your sister! I hope your ankle heals up quickly and doesn’t slow you down at all.

3 Likes

Yeah - that is her sense of humor. And it is just like me to have random injuries that can’t really be explained.

Thank you! It really just hurts when I touch it directly - not when I stand or walk. I’ll probably wear the wrap or my sock/brace on the plane and definitely take them both with me just in case I need them.

2 Likes

Oh no! Hope you get better soon

1 Like

Thank you!

Today is the day I fly to Orlando!!

Had a bit of panic when I looked at my phone during a wee hour bathroom break and saw that the plane I was to be on was going to be about 2 and a half hours late even leaving due to the crew having to get their mandated rest. My flight at that point was not showing any delay, but I figured it was just a matter of time. Contemplated skipping church and doing standby for the earlier flight (able to keep my reservation as it was unless I cleared the list) but ultimately decided just to leave things as they were and hope for the best.

Went back to sleep for a bit and when I woke up I looked at things again and discovered that - yay United - they were rearranging things and we now have a different piece of equipment coming in from Orlando that will keep everything on schedule!! Hooray!!

Just having my coffee/protein shake combo breakfast and then will get ready and pack the last minute stuff and then head to church and then EWR!

20 Likes

Looking forward to your 50th birthday trip. Safe travels.

1 Like