The trip (that wasn't) trip report

Yesterday was supposed to be our MK and Cirque du Soleil day😂There was no sense trying to substitute/replicate Homecoming so instead surprised my kiddo with what I wanted to surprise her with at MK: Nutella Waffles! She has learned how to bake independently during our home confinement so she made the waffles (while I was working again) and I made the toppings station. They were so delicious!!!

We decided that when we go back we will get them as planned and see whose were better.
Then another animation class:
So much fun!
Then we snuggled in to watch the Festival of Fantasy parade…this was so great…we noticed so many more details than ever before! It was also from the same vantage point as when we first saw it 6 years ago! Then we watched the previews for Cirque du Soleil…looks like it would have been an amazing show! They refunded our tickets so someday! Then we settled in to watch Elena of Avalor😍
This has been such a nice way to connect at the end of the day. Working from home is just strange. I am not tech savvy so everything just takes longer, it feels like every time I try to take a minute to focus on my kid I get interrupted but I’m so grateful to still be working and around we go! We realized yesterday just how long and wonderful our vacation would have been! We usually only go for 2-3 nights…this would have been 6!!! plenty of pool time and plenty of action. Someday!

4 Likes

Your waffles look amazing! I’ve never had one at WDW either. Or watched the FoF parade!

Thanks! We saw it once and I was determined to see it again this time😂 Even had 2:30 Splash and 3:30 BTMR FP before heading over to DS fir a 5:30 cirque du Soleil show…I’m still admiring my perfect plans!!!

1 Like

Well yesterday should have been our DAH AK day and instead I had to work most of the day. Tried to make it up to my very understanding daughter in the late afternoon/evening. We did another animation class:

Still really fun! Then we “rode” EE and FOP from our couch! We had been so looking forward to these having not done them before! They really do look incredible. Then KRR and KS just for fun. By this time it was already late so we watched some Pixar shorts: Bao, Lava, and La Luna and enjoyed all of them. Hoping to get outside for most of the day tomorrow. Hope everyone is well.

5 Likes

Well, at least you’re keeping your sense of humor on this. “No crowds” is such an awesome comment!

I am enjoying reading along. Thanks for sharing! :+1: