The trip (that wasn't) trip report

Yesterday was the day we were supposed to leave! I kept having moments of “I can’t believe we were supposed to leave for WDW and now my whole family/world is in danger”…cue foot stomping! We met friends for a socially distanced hello at the beach (it was freezing). Jolting to see how many other people had the same idea(we hadn’t been away from the house in a week). When we got home we put on our matching Stitch shirts and goofy hats, colored with our adult coloring books (we like to do that on the plane), turned up the heat and made quesadillas, mango salsa and mango lime seltzers (with Malibu for me) which we ate while watching a

video of CSR! Then watched Tangled and pretended it was movie night at the resort(which we would never do but it’s too cold here for a real swim!) Today is AK! Not sure if it made it better or worse😂Nice to have the dog with us. Silver linings so far: didn’t have: to pay for parking, go through security at the airport, board the dog, no crowds!

10 Likes

I’m sorry about your trip. Glad you found a fun way to spend the day!

1 Like

I am sorry about your trip. It sounds like you are doing a good job keeping safe!

1 Like

I know how you feel. Our family was in the same boat. Hope you were able to book another trip?

Thanks! It has added some silly to the days which is nice!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m sorry about yours also! You had really helped us to decide to do FOTLK Tier 1…hopefully another time for all of us.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m sorry about your trip too. We will hopefully go next march. Funny how it can seem so important and so unimportant all at the same time.

2 Likes

Ok yesterday was supposed to be FOTLK Tier 1, that got scrapped when I realized WDW was not a place my parents needed to be as the virus started to ramp up. Instead my DD and I made plans to go to Sanaa and then AK (leisurely plan since we were doing DAH AK on thurs.). So we put on our matching shirts (Girrafic Jam and Rhinos are just chubby unicorns), I made butter chicken and mango chutney, Disney Now has Disney Animal shorts with the animals they care for so we watched that while having dinner. Then we watched “the kingdom takes flight” the macaws are so beautiful! (This was the trip we were supposed to finally see this). Then FOTLK (not recommended you need to be there imo). Then ROL which was beautiful!!! Definitely a win as even my DD11 loved it! My DD recreated her favorite dessert at Sanna complete with crushed Oreos and gummy worms! Then the night was interrupted by tween facetiming😂. Couldn’t argue since she’s only had me for company for the last week. Finding out that even though this was not the way we planned it we are still having fun and making funny memories. Hoping everyone stays well.

4 Likes

Sounds like you are making the best out of the situation. I need to come up with some ideas for our first canceled Disney trip which is coming up next week. Definitely will involve Disney+

2 Likes

Our craziness has also been fun for my parents who are now pretty isolated in Florida…this is the year we finally convinced them to fly😂 its a few hours each night that we escape to WDW.

3 Likes

This is brilliant!

1 Like

Well yesterday was supposed to be our first manicure for my kiddo, chef Mickey’s, and DAH MK. So we got in our matching fab 5 tshirts, gave ourselves pretty impressive manicures/pedicures complete with Disney decals! Couldn’t believe they actually worked…there’s a lot of steps…cut them out, soak in water, pout them on, cover with a coat of clear polish…not my strong suit! Then a fantastic buffet: salmon, rice, fancy cucumber dish, mango salsa, left over corned beef and potatoes, butter chicken!!! Would have preferred corn dogs and chicken nuggets but alas not to be found here in the freezer. Then it was make our own sundaes…delicious! We had been mostly looking forward to all the treats we would eat and we have certainly been doing that! DD has been baking while I work and it’s been incredible! Yesterday was Nutella brownies😍 We are freezing half so we can enjoy them longer. Then we watched some of our favorite rides from MK: IASW (DL version because why not!) Little mermaid, PP, SM, BTMR, Barnstormer, and ended with HEA. I must say there is something to be said for doing it snuggled next to my girl cozy on the couch about 10 inches from the TV! Grateful to all of those people who did ride through videos and posted them to you tube! feeling pretty grateful that I have this time with my daughter which is the whole point of our vacations anyway. Hope everyone is well.

8 Likes

You’re being so creative! It sounds fab and I’m sure your DD is loving it.

2 Likes

this all makes me want to plan my own “trip” over the next few days…

It’s been a really fun way to end each day. Like everyone else our world has been upended and there are so many worries, I still can’t believe any of it. At first I was afraid it would be like putting salt in a wound But instead it has given us laughter, joy and comfort. Wishing all of you the same.

3 Likes

This is great. I saw a “virtual” Disneyland trip in someones basement on Youtube yesterday - it was pretty funny. I need to see if I can find again

2 Likes

Yesterday was harder in terms of all the feels because we’ve never actually been to HS. However: THE ANIMATION CLASS ON DISNEY PARKS BLOG IS AMAZING!!!

We had so much fun doing this! Plus we are competitive so we will be doing it again today. There are at least 10 different ones to try. Awesome way to spend the evening. Then we watched SDD and so wished we were on it! MMRR which wasn’t awesome from the couch, attempted Fantasmic (with our box of sweet and savory treats) and Frozen but decided to save them for our someday trip. In the end we snuggled in to watch Zootopia and that was great! Hope everyone is doing well.

4 Likes

Your drawings are brilliant! I love Zootopia.

1 Like

Those are fabulous!

Thanks!