The Tree of Life

With Cinderella Castle getting a fresh new look, I was wondering whether the Tree of Life would ever get spruced up (pun intended). If so what and how would they liven it up?

One thing that’s always bothered me is the color of the leaves - they seem a little faded and clearly fake. How hard is it to paint these? Does each leaf have to be removed, or can a painter just spray them from a cherry picker? What color should they be? I think a deeper, richer green - and not just monochrome but a vibrant mixture - might do nicely.

Thoughts?

Don’t touch my tree.

9 Likes

Ditto.

4 Likes

Looks like I’ve touched a nerve … er … vein. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But honestly are you just worried about them ruining it by going too far, or do you think there is a way they could refurbish it correctly?

3 Likes

I’m with @Jeff_AZ. The tree’s leaves look horribly fake. I wonder if there are photos from opening day that show a better colour.

1 Like

I am trying to find the dates but there was an extensive closure, including the trails, before Pandora opened.

2 Likes

I actually agree about the leaves. They look super fake. But the tree is gorgeous, regardless.

1 Like

I found these pictures

I found my 2005 pictures last week. I will look through those again soon.

2 Likes

Thoughts:

1. I dare say it doesn’t look as bad back then:

1. So great to see Roy Disney!

2. Probably for the best that this was phased out long ago - I can’t imagine seeing this in a park today:

2 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Rumor has it that Disney is hiring Mr. Miygee from Karate Kid to snip a little here and a little there to bring it into compliance.

2 Likes

They will mess it up so bad if they touch it.

Leave it be.

It leaves me breathless

4 Likes

How about some fiber optic color changing leaves so they can change color in the fall?

3 Likes

No

3 Likes

How about pink? Use up the left over paint from the castle.

I’ll see myself out now. :grin:

5 Likes

I am feeling so happy. I just went back in time.

These first two are definitely 2005:

This one is either 2005, 2007, or 2008

I think when they refurbed it, the carvings became clearer and the leaves slightly changed. I think that is by design?

3 Likes

Two entirely different exposures. The first one looks like it has been processed to increase the saturation…

1 Like

Also - when they did the refurb, didn’t they change out a lot of the leaves so they would light up at night?

2 Likes

Exposure re-adjusted…

2 Likes

I don’t care if the leaves might not be perfect – I just want to go and stand there and see it. :cry:

8 Likes