The Stealth Touring Plan

Thanks @Iheartepcot! Its good to know that it is easy to pick up where you left off when things (voluntarily or involuntarily) get off track!

Depending on who you are touring with, another idea might be to try one day without a touring plan, depending on how many days you are going. Make an agreement that if you go one day without one, the next day they must agree to use it during the next. On that second day they will realize how much more they get to do and hopefully will never complain again.

1 Like

I like that too except your sacrificing a day of efficient touring so that others can learn what you already know. :slight_smile:

I agree with @Sam2071, I dont want to lose a good day of touring, but I do like the idea of them “learning the hard way”! lol!

I remember another Liner a while ago - don’t know why I’m remembering those particular posts, except maybe thought I’d have similar problem with my fam (but really didn’t).

This Liner said she and DH agreed to “wing it” first day, to be able to prove a point, get rest of extended fam go along with PTP second day. Liner said was excruciating for the couple. I can imagine. They decided to look at it humorously. other fam members stood in middle of main st, puzzl;ing over the park map.

I am not that saintly. I think I would have bolted somehow somewhere along the way. haha.

They did say rest of fam quickly agreed to use plan rest of trip, without any carping.

Do this:

1. Copy the original plan to another plan. (You’ll have to re-enter your fpps on the copy.)
  2. If you choose to optimize, do it to the copy. Keep the original just in case.

Works wonderfully.