The Professor becomes a Captain — a (non-Disney) cruise report

Well this is a relief. That could be quite awkward if hundreds of people could watch you sleep as they walked up and down the stairs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

#dadjokes

5 Likes

As you all know, the Disney community is really quite special. People are always willing to spread the magic if they can.

Someone in my Facebook group has offered to book a table at Palo for herself and then we’ll coordinate and she’ll cancel when I’m ready to book.

Yay.

15 Likes

Oh that stinks. I don’t think that was always the case.

Disney Cruise Line increases fares for solo passengers (mouseplanet.com)

Best I can do info wise. I do think it was even lower at one point.

While we are talking about price… I stumbled on some FB groups talking about a DVC members cruise for which you are required to book with DVC points. For two people on a 3-night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Wish, it is 388 points! :scream: To put that into a cash price, if you got a (pretty good) deal and paid $15pp that’s $5,820. If you used the normal agency price at $20pp, that’s $7,760. Points wise, 389 points would get you Christmas week in a 1-bedroom, lake view at BLT!

1 Like

You only have to book one person on points, and apparently it can be a 3rd or subsequent person in the room too.

2 Likes

Still! I think that a 3rd kid was somewhere in the vicinity of 112 points if I remember? And an infant is 101? That’s a week in a studio!

1 Like

Developments have developed.

Another person in my Facebook group mentioned that she could see Palo availability and I thought, “sod it, I’ll pay the bloody balance and book the damned brunch.” So I did and I did.

I’m annoyed I’ve paid a month earlier than I had planned to, but Palo gets rave reviews and I’d be more annoyed if I missed out.

I’ve booked the brunch so that I still get all three of the rotational dining dinners.

23 Likes

This is going to be epic!

4 Likes

Thank you that is super helpful.

That looks amazing! I’m so excited for you to go and can’t wait to read your trip report!

3 Likes

I’ll have a plate of each please. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Too late anyway, it’s booked out. Someone just posted an email they got from Member Services.

1 Like

Holy cow!

It was brilliant on the part of DVC to try and get some of those excess points out of the system though.

4 Likes

Oh fantastic point, good way of thinking about it. More rooms for the rest of us!

2 Likes

You can! There’s no limit on greed.

3 Likes

Did I mention that the Palo upcharge is $45. For infinite food and a champagne cocktail.

Also, sounds like they’re strict on dress code. Somewhere between CG and V&A.

4 Likes

I am jumping in here before reading the whole thread. There should be a Pali brunch on your two sea days. If you book that you can still do the rotational dining.

2 Likes

There is and I booked it.

3 Likes

The other “work around” is that you departure breakfast is in the dining room of your last dinner so if you missed eating there you could at least eat in that restaurant. I missed one but had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant.

3 Likes

You need dress shoes and a jacket for Palo.

2 Likes