The Prof is world famous

@profmatt is not only an amazing trip planner and packs like nobody’s business, but he is also a hero and protector of iTunes reviewers the world over.

Because of him, the hosts at Backside of Magic are now aware that they had been missing international iTunes reviews since, well, forever. And now they know how to retrieve those reviews. All because of him.

Now that he is world famous, we can all say “we knew him when…”

I hope the fame doesn’t go to his head.

18 Likes

What’s that now?

6 Likes

I listened to that episode today and when Jeremy said they were notified by Matt from the UK, I knew it had to be @profmatt! Sure enough, seconds later they read his Touring Plans handle. Thank you for saving all international reviews from peril Matt!

7 Likes

Ha! Is it funny that when I heard them mention @profmatt i though, “Hey, i know him!”

4 Likes

@PrincipalTinker gets mentioned a fair bit too :wink:

3 Likes

Yes! I heard her mentioned not too long ago as well.

Also, totally not podcast related, but I met a Liner in a minimalism FB group. She made a comment & I thought, “She’s got to be a Liner!” Yep. So fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I heard the honorable mention as well. I also have heard PrincipalTinker mentioned more than once.

I like that podcast

2 Likes

It’s the best WDW-related podcast that I listen to. It’s laugh-out-loud funny, it’s not overlong, and they get to the point.

Some podcasts drive me crazy with endless “banter” between the presenters while I’m yelling GET ON WITH IT. And some are far too long.

2 Likes

No, no, no…you guys have it all wrong. Backside of Magic is now famous for having been mentioned here!

7 Likes

@jeremy1002 “How are you?”

1 Like

I only answer that question when I’m on the clock.

2 Likes

I hate when that question doesn’t get asked properly. It screws me up “singing along” to the show.

1 Like

Throws me off too!

I was like, profmatt, I know that guy! ha
But they have once or twice called me incredible for pointing out a tip on the “late night lotto” for extra fast passes.

Definitely a favorite podcast, funny but they don’t laugh too much among themselves like some other podcasts. I appreciate their analytical engineering type of thinking.

3 Likes

Dry humor.

Nerds

3 Likes

I didn’t realize iTunes was so isolationist. Now I’m wondering if there are any cool secret UK podcasts I need to find by spoofing my IP address and drinking high tea while I search?

1 Like

I heard it too and thought “Boy the Disney Nerd World is small.”

@jeremy1002, I absolutely love the faux commercials at beginning of the podcast. I look forward to the shows on my commute to work every Tuesday morning.

3 Likes

I like the part about saying anything super great or super dumb.

2 Likes

My DS5 gets all worked up that they say dumb since we have lectured him about not calling his brother dumb.

1 Like

You don’t drink high tea.

High tea is a meal, a cross between afternoon tea with an early supper (not dinner).

So you have something more substantial than just finger sandwiches and cake. It could just be say cheese on toast (that’s grilled cheese to you), and then the typical afternoon tea as the second course.

1 Like