The Perils of Overplanning and People with Differing Schedules

I’m the opposite of you … I’m a night owl while the rest the group on my past visits are not. I have gone to the parks alone in the evenings. It’s not as much fun as being with friends/family, but I still have a great time. I’d recommend you get up and go to the parks … and then the rest of your family can meet up with you later in the morning.

2 Likes

Oh yes, it really is almost the only vacation they ALL want to take! I was surprised that DD24 is as excited as her two brothers. We were going to go diving, but DS26 doesn’t dive. He also doesn’t want to leave the country as it’s a bit of a pain with his security clearance. So we thought we’d do WDW first and then go diving- but they’re so happy & excited about Disney that now we’re just extending the stay in WDW and will have to dive some other time. But we will do DiveQuest so there’s that.

The hard part is lining up all of their school breaks/vacation time. But with WDW as the lure, all that somehow “magically” falls into place. :grin:

1 Like

Yes, that is what I have decided to do. I spent the whole afternoon working on an AK plan where I go early, and they have the option to come with me or not. I myself really want to do the Gorilla Falls Trail right when it opens. So, they’ll miss things like Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl and Everest that would be very short waits, but they can do those near closing, too. The FPs start at 10:30 and I have all of them lined up, including an afternoon break. (It’s May so the park is open 8-11, luckily). Then I’ll see Rivers of Light at 9:15 and go home. When they come home is up to them. :grinning:

I’ll work on DHS tomorrow! Thanks everybody, I feel a lot better about the plan(s) now.

1 Like

Yep, I took your advice and that’s just what I did, (see below). Thanks!