The passholder drawback

Actually we would say 31st May. Like it’s written :wink:

1 Like

The date order thing doesn’t really bother me either way, except as a computer science problem.

But any argument for either way is valid. For example, you could argue that the way Americans say it better matches the order of importance in most conversations. Starting with “31st” only narrows the scope down to 7 potential months. But specifying the month first avoids that, gives an immediate frame of reference in a chronological sense, to which the actual date then further narrows in.

On the other hand, there is at least some consistency in the British (well, not just British) way in having the day, month, year because it is in REVERSE order of magnitude (smallest to greatest significance).

Regardless, I’m not sure why checking the date on the license would matter when it comes to confirming identity. Having the name/photo makes the most sense. The date would only matter if we are talking about being under 21 (due to the sale of alcohol), and even then, it would only matter for a few months.

But that doesn’t make sense. It’s not the 31st May… There’s only 1 May per year! :smiley:

(I am just…an International Relations wonder, aren’t I? lol )

I’m sure she meant to write the 31st of May!

Well yes, the thing about having ID is specifically in reply to an FAQ on the sale of alcohol on the WDW website.

But also applies I guess to other stuff too. As I say, in practice it was fine, but a CM would be within their rights to not accept it.

The “of” was implied.

LIES! Just a coverup to avoid dealing with the fact that you can’t write the date correctly! :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Reading this book right now. Absolutely fascinating to me. I didn’t think it would be… but it totally is.

Also, Bill Bryson is way smarter than I am…