The one where I make my family do RunDisney

Hi I figured I would get my trip report started to give me time to figure out how to respond in more real time. I have enjoyed reading everyone’s trip reports for quite some time (years)! We head down to Orlando Feb 15 to spend 4 nights at Universal and then move over to Disney for 6 nights, split stay BC Villas 2 nights and 4 nights POFQ. We includes myself 45F, DP (Dear Partner) 41 non-binary, DC (Dear Child) 7 non-binary. Last year was my first RunDisney foray with the Princess Half Marathon. I had hip surgery this past august so we are doing the Princess 5k this year as a family. Somehow I do not win things but I will luck out in situations where I get to spend more money and was able to register all 3 of us. :crazy_face:
We are at the airport now having dinner before our 8pm flight.
I’m going to put in a link for the universal portion.

17 Likes

Universal trip report link

7 Likes

Safe travels! Can’t wait to follow along!

2 Likes

Following… :blush:

2 Likes

In the Lyft heading to BCV for 2 days. It’s one night DVC rental with some David’s credit we had left from a cancelled 2020 trip and one night cash booking. Here is to hoping they combined them like I tried to do in chat and that we get the room early. Even better if 5th floor refurbed room.

5 Likes

Good luck with the run!
Have a great trip.

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

Dropped bags with luggage services/valet. Spoke with check in personnel to see if two reservations are attached and then got a walk up for Beaches and Cream. Vegetarian loaded tots and Hard Root Beer Float for me. Mac n Cheese and watermelon with a Mickey ce cream coming for DC. DP got a grilled cheese and Yuengling.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Room ready text at 1:15 and we have one of the refurbished rooms in the 5th floor, yeah!!!

Swim Time!

13 Likes

Looks lovely!

2 Likes

It is but I think they pump the scent too much

1 Like

Got to do the big slide twice and do some lazy River laps as well as sit in the spa for a bit. DC really enjoyed going down the small slide multiple times. After cleaning up we dropped DC at Camp Dolphin and headed to dinner at Ale and Compass after having a drink at Martha’s Vineyard and playing some games on our own in the arcade. I really like air hockey and DP likes skeeball. Dc and I are rope dropping Remy tomorrow so have to get to bed soon.

4 Likes

I need more sleep. Woke at 4:40 for no good reason. Doing laundry now. BCV laundry room has two washers, 1 broken, and two dryers. I had two loads to do, sigh. Was able to add two friends to room this morning so that they can come use the pool with us midday.

4 Likes

Did not get a BG at 7am drop sigh. In line to enter at 7:57 for 8:30 EE

3 Likes

7 Likes

Off Remy 8:50

3 Likes

Only ones on our car for Figment

7 Likes

6 Likes

DC newest buddy. They spent their entire gift card.

12 Likes