The More You Know,

I enjoy reading all of your comments. I always try and plan ahead, but I always end up changing my plans and going with the flow.

The older I get, the more I need to think about doing short early mornings and short nights and planning time every other day to rest and do other things.

Especially since I will be going in June this year and it should be a lot hotter than December when I usually go to WDW.

I should do this since I plan more than a week at WDW.

I think that this is the first time that I started using Fast Pass+ at my 60-day time.

Well, I enjoy reading everyone’s experiences and trying to incorporate your ideas into my plans.

Thank you, Ray

2 Likes

I have been to WDW 9 times in the last 2 years. I enjoy it more now than ever before. True i have learned of so many new thing to do on here and other forums. Now when my wife and i go I know hat we want to go on and what we can skip. I don’t make a TP plan anymore i just see what FPP i can get ahead of time and while we are there. Every trip we add something new. Be it a behind the scenes tour or just something that Disney has added, (like the seasonal scavenger hunts at EPCOT, or exploring a festival. Also we try a new restaurant every time we go.

1 Like

We do like to get out of the heat a bit (April in Orlando is often hotter than summer where we live in the Northwest), and also we need a break from all the people during the busiest part of the day. We don’t nap, but do hang out in the cold room. My kids actually had a lot of homework as they missed 3 days of school before spring break, so they did homework many afternoons. They are teens, so have to catch up their Instagram feeds and such as well. :smile:

2 Likes

True, Gotta catch up on Instagram and snapchat even on vacay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @momfourmonkeys I enjoyed this post as I’m debating similar issues. Next year we have 8 nights and only about 4/5 hours per day will be planned, the rest will have lots of flexibility and at least a couple of hours pool time every day.

This has been an interesting read for me because our last trip was back in 2011…before Magic Bands, FP+, or even the expanded Fantasyland! The kids were also only 9yo and 5yo. We had a “plan” with ADRs and what parks we would do on what days…the “plan” in my head covered the first few attractions to do at RD and what rides we should try to grab FPs for and then a general idea of what we wanted to do w/ no specifics. I would read the TPs before going but never even printed them out for our trips. After those first few things, we would wander and do what we felt like doing.

Seven years later, a lot has changed. FP+ intimidates me a bit and I feel compelled to have a TP to make sure we can see and do what we would like. You would think with 6 full days that wouldn’t be a problem…but I’m still worried. There are lots of breaks back at the resort included, so I’m hoping that will help w/ being more flexible. I’d like to think that I will toss the plan if we need to. I was confident in doing so in the past, hopefully I will be comfortable enough with the current FP+ system to do so again.

The kids are 12yo and almost 17yo and they think I’m nuts w/ the TPs but tell me they trust me and will do whatever I’ve planned. That remains to be seen.

18 days until I see the castle!

3 Likes