The Magic is calling... But maybe the universe has other plans...but we push on... Trip report

She’s been a trooper as well!

3 Likes

So glad you’re on your way. Been thinking about all of you all day!

4 Likes

Wow your on your way! You guys are all troopers for going!

3 Likes

Oh wow! You all have been through a lot, but glad to see you made it to the airport. Have a safe trip!

3 Likes

At this point our plan is to ditch rope deep tomorrow, sleep in, hit up grand Floridian Cafe for lunch and go to mk mid afternoon to when we are done. Having to really force myself to dial back expectations and pace.

SW got us off to a good start… Allowed my wife and daughter to preboard so she could get settled with our a crowd. DS who was back with me is already not digging this preferred treatment for his sister, lol. I can only imagine how many times I will be saying to him… Do you have the screw in your elbow?

18 Likes

So glad you decided to go!!! Hope you have a wonderful time. So funny about your son!!! Good luck!

2 Likes

I am really hoping that at some point I will have some good news to report… But man, when it rains it pours and this one feels like a monsoon at the moment.

The good news is my DD is an undercover warrior princess I think… Man she is tough and doing great. We have not made it to a park yet, but she really seems to be dealing with this well so far.

On the monsoon side… I came down with DW’s stomach bug and she is still feeling the effects from it with the flight yesterday. So last night was a rough night 1. I am bouncing back pretty quick, and we hope to check out MK a little this afternoon.

Wilderness Lodge looks great in the common areas. Beautiful resort. Room is fine (studio), but definately is showing its age. I do like the size, more room even with the pullout bed than I expected.

6 Likes

Good gravy!!!

I sure as heck hope there’s a huge windfall of pixie dust coming your way soon. And that the kiddos don’t get what you and DW have had!!!

6 Likes

Oh no! I hope you get over it quickly.

2 Likes

Supportive heart :purple_heart:

1 Like

This is the only TR that I’m afraid to open to read, but I keep hoping it’s ALL good now!!!

5 Likes

That is my fear… That is the last thing my daughter needs for sure.

3 Likes

Question… Does anyone know if I will be able to use rider switch due to my daughter’s injury?

We were able to RS with a couple rides at DD8 is not ready to ride yet, even though she was tall enough so I would think they wouldn’t bat an eye for your DD.

4 Likes

Because she can’t ride with the cast and you have to stay with her? That shouldn’t be a problem.

3 Likes

I was so paranoid that one of my kids would break a bone or be injured in the weeks leading up to our trip. I kept telling them “Be careful! Don’t jump off high objects!” etc. So sorry for DD’s misfortune, I hope the trip can be salvaged and be magical after all!

6 Likes

I experienced the same but mostly for myself. Our last Disney trip, I broke my second toe 24 hours before leaving. My family joked that for this trip I should have worn hard toed boots in the weeks leading up to it!

3 Likes

Dang that is a lot going on! Make sure your daughter stays on top of the medication if she has any pain. I hope the rest of your trip goes much better than the start.

4 Likes

Yes, exactly. Her surgeon went through what she can and can’t do (surgeon was a DVC member… Very versed in her exchange with my daughter and what she could and couldn’t do, lol, was very entertaining.

So there is a lot she can’t do that DS will want to, just wondering if RS will work. Sounds like it’s worth a shot.

12 Likes

Definitely.

1 Like