The Great Disney T-Shirt Hunt!

No problem I know quality when I see it. Next trip I will hopefully drop a size or two so you can make something for us. :smiley:

I realize this one is reversed, but it’s another monorail option.monorail1 (1).pdf (162.2 KB)

You know @ryan1, I have the official Disney one on right now and it also says vacations instead of doors. Really cool T-shirt thought!!!

I didn’t realize it was originally a Disney design. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, since it did give me a retro Disney vibe. I just thought it was the design of someone else!

I have a tendency to really overthink things, I know. The shirt with the “my vacation” instead of “the doors”, for me, doesn’t work. Why? Because, for one, there is a certain rudeness to it that isn’t within me. Despite the use of “please”, it comes across as though I’m saying, “Excuse me, but GET OUT OF MY WAY! THIS IS MY VACATION!” (I’m not suggesting that is what OTHERS feel, only how I would feel wearing it.)

Second, I feel the humor is reduced. It comes across as a play on words for the sake of the play on words. But what I like about leaving it alone, instead, it comes across more like a secret club. Anyone who’s ever been to Disney gets the line and understands it. The monorail is the FIRST experience (generally) anyone has when the first go to Disney, which makes it iconic. This also makes it one of the first things you hear that launches the start of your awesome Disney experience.

I suppose to anyone else, it is just a mildly humorous T-shirt. But, see, I’m actually one who almost entirely avoids wearing graphic Ts. So, if I’m going to wear one, I have to LOVE it, and it needs to be representative of who I am, etc. (Right now, in my wardrobe, I have a total of 3 graphic Ts. One is my “Muggle Dad” shirt I wore for Universal. Two others are actually shirts I only wear when I’m doing jobs around the house (painting, etc) because I’m not inclined to wear them in public!

I do plan to get another T-shirt which I will wear when we go to HS. (My wife also has a HS-exclusive shirt.) I LOVE the juxtaposition of presonalities in the imagery. It is a kind of “Disney soothes the savage beast” idea:

Anyhow, it appears @larrielane is going to be able to do for me what I want in the monorail shirt case, so I’m super excited about that!

3 Likes

This one is awesome- where is it from?

Found it on Etsy. Do a search there for Darth Vader with Balloon and you’ll find it (along with several other similar design concepts).

You know. I’m now tempted to do a character meet and greet. How fun would it be to meet Darth Vader or Kylo Ren and once I get up there, hand him a Mickey balloon! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m like you- I don’t wear graphic tees on a regular basis, but when I do, I want them to have a great design and have meaning for me. I thought I had exhausted all the possibilities on Etsy, and had actually found an amazing design, but then the seller and the item just disappeared!

Same thing happened to my wife. She had found the perfect T-shirt for Disney last year, and saved it as a favorite since she wasn’t ready to buy it yet. But now the seller and shirt design are gone. :frowning: This has caused us both to decide that while we are still more than 2 years out, if we find a shirt design we really love, we should get it now rather than wait and then just save the shirt until our trip.

1 Like

I am ridiculously sad about this. I just realized it’s not there, so it’s still a bit raw. I emailed the seller yesterday with a question, and now it’s all gone- the whole shop!

Have you tried cafe press? You can make your own shirt.

Can I use someone else’s original design, though? Doesn’t seem right to me.

If it’s only for personnal use and you don’t make money out of it, why not ?

Be careful with redbubble. I worry that that’s where my credit card information was stolen. It was picked up immediately by our bank so nothing bad happened, but it definitely was compromised and that is the only site I had done any business with in that time frame (other purchases were at our usual places, ie grocery store, target, etc). I am not sure i will buy anything from them again

Becomes tricky. If at all possible, effort should be made to use the design from the person who did the original design work. They deserve the money for their design. If effort is made to go that route, to no avail, then a personal-use inspired-by design certainly isn’t hurting anyone.

I agree- but in response to my email to the shop owner, the whole place disappears from Etsy?!?!? So strange. I tried to upload the design to Cafe Press, and couldn’t get it to work since I just have a screen shot of it. I’ve sent a pm to @larrielaine to see if she can/will help me out.

With Cafe Press, you have to provide the art work yourself which they can then print to the medium of choice. Since I’m no graphic artist, I’ll leave it to the (semi-)pros. :slight_smile:

I could probably do it, if needed, but I agree, would prefer that some else who knows what they are doing do it.

So I just got a response from him and the shop is back up- sooo… all this worry for nothing. I’m going to get it right now. Lesson learned- get it when you see it. Thanks all! @larrielaine you can ignore my pm!

2 Likes

I’ve ordered from them a couple times over the past two years and haven’t had any issues, but good to know.

1 Like