The Goldilocks Trip [CANCELED, probably...]

Wow! Nice data. Looks like his typical schedule will fit into our plans

We are traveling end of April, too. Seems like there’s a few of us on here trying to hit that low crowd sweet spot.

My HS plan has FEA at 2:30 on Wed. I have tweaked it to no end, and now I need to account for Equity Ben! I don’t have Instagram, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could share it here closer to :wink:

Thanks for sharing all your trip planning expertise here! I really enjoyed following your last solo trip.

I didn’t either until this. I set up an account just to stalk Ben! LOL! I will update again in a week or two.

4 Likes

Awesome! We can fit an late Thursday show into our schedule :slight_smile:

“You might be a Liner if…”

5 Likes

Thanks for doing the legwork on this. I always check his insta in the morning but this will make pre-planning easier

1 Like

Update 2/26

I thought I would update here on some changes to our plans, some big some small.

1. Finally got around to booking flights yesterday which has cemented some of these changes. It saved us about $500 to book an earlier arrival flight (takes off at 6AM, not sure how the 430 wake-up is going to go with the littles), and return the morning after we had originally planned (Wed. morning instead of Tues. night). Since we already have admission tickets for that last day, I decided to book a night at the Hyatt MCO and fly out the next morning, giving us a full park day, and allowing us to fit in some time at AK.

2. No more SW Dessert Party. I’ve decided to reduce the late nights by one, and this is the one I chose. It also gives us more flexibility for ROTR in case we get a Backup BG with an evening timeframe.

3. Swapped out lunch at Beaches and Cream for Rose & Crown, giving us a little extra time in Epcot that morning to meet Mary Poppins and Pooh.

4. Last day now starts with a half day at AK for PPO Tusker House, Safari, FOTLK, Boneyard (while DW and I take turns on EE), lunch at Restaurantosaurus, Nemo musical, and Dinosaur. Followed by short visit to HS for Beauty and the Beast show, Lightning McQueen show, and possibly MMRR. Then we book it back to AoA for dinner and Tragical Express around 7. Hopefully get to MCO and to our room at the Hyatt by 830 or 9.

Remaining Decisions

Options for arrival evening at Epcot (arriving via IG).

1. Early dinner in France, Morocco, or Italy (have ADRs at Chef de France, SRT, Marrakesh, and Via Napoli), followed by Norway (FP for FEA and then meet A&E), and ending with Futureworld rides
  2. Tour WS, including Norway, and later dinner in Mexico (have ADRs at both), ending with Futureworld rides

Mexican is my favorite, but we eat it all the time, and can’t imagine it being better than here at home (Texas, yehaw). So, I lean towards France or Morocco, as these will be very different from our usual. Of course, the boys would love pizza at Via Napoli but I have not been able to confirm there is no egg in the dough (DS3 is allergic to eggs).

Options for Sunday evening (mid-trip)

1. Original plan was to make it a “space” evening, riding M:S and then eating at Space 220. Aftewards, maybe repeat Futureworld rides if we’re not too tired.
  2. New favorite idea. Dinner at Akershus (nabbed an ADR, and we’ll be on the dining plan), followed by FEA and A&E meet. If we do this, we would skip Norway on the first night and spend more time in the other pavilions and/or Futureworld. This one hinges on the dining plan remaining the same cost, and Akershus remaining 1 TS credit. When I asked DS5, who is space-obsessed right now, if he would rather eat dinner in a space station or meet the princesses, he chose the latter. LOL! Another Disneyphile in the making…
  3. Bonus time in MK with dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern
  4. Bonus time at AK with dinner at Y&Y. If we do this, we would focus on Africa, and then on the last day we would focus on Pandora in the morning after Tusker House, or maybe cancel Tusker House to be able to RD Na’vi.
  5. Evening off from the parks. Dinner at Tratorria al Forno via Skyliner or just stay at AoA.

I’m going to make these decisions here in the next week or so and unload the extra ADRs for others to grab. Let me know if you have any advice or suggestions. Thanks!

4 Likes

Fellow Texan here - can confirm the food in Mexico isn’t great. The margaritas are good, though.

1 Like

You’d think with all the changed (and canceled) plans I’ve dealt with the last 2 years, and the constant uncertainty of the near future in our family, I would be taking this coronavirus sh*# in stride. But no. I’m in full meltdown mode here. I’ve poured myself into getting this April trip planned to my satisfaction (which is a pretty high standard of detail and perfection), and now I’m 50/50 going to cancel. I’m trying to book a backup in May but the lovely Disney IT is giving me a serious case of “can-I-PLEASE-smash-the-computer-with-a-bat” syndrome. Can’t book ADRs. Can’t book a resort stay so I can’t book FPs. I already know some of the things I want are unavailable. No Sci Fi. No Akershus. WHY DISNEY??? WHY CORONAVIRUS!!! WHYYYYY!!! Ok, well, at least my family is healthy. Perspective you know…

4 Likes

I can relate. The Disney website is making me want to scream and throw things.

Just a quick update here. I’ve now booked resorts and managed to get 90% of the ADRs I wanted for an end-of-May trip and early September trip. Hopefully something works out in the end. The list on My Plans in MDE is so long…

2 Likes

Are there detailed spreadsheets?

1 Like

Lol, I don’t think I need to answer that

2 Likes

I am glad that you are working to re-shape for your family!!! I’m only sorry I may miss you in April!

1 Like

On a related note, with my AP getting extended through the first week of November, I’m starting to entertain the idea of running Wine & Dine weekend. This is also just a few days before my birthday. Solo Trip Take Two?!??!

7 Likes

I might confess I had a similar thought, especially if I have to re-purpose my April DVC points to later in 2020…

3 Likes

That sounds amazing! No my wheels are turning…maybe another half this year is in my future as well…:stuck_out_tongue:

Quick update…

Canceled April. Canceled May. Also canceled early September x2 to give DS5 a month to adjust to kindergarten and make friends before vacationing. Now hoping for end of September, early October, or early November.

ADRs booked for September and October.

Flights still in May, can’t move them until my travel funds get extended (they said it will happen mid-May).

Good lord I’ve canceled a lot of ADRs (and FPs) in the last few weeks…

8 Likes

One of these have to work out, good luck. I have September booked which I hope happens but also have mid October as a backup.

We rescheduled from end of April to Sept 19-25. We also will have to pull a kindergartner out of school. Hoping school starts early/mid August so she has max time to adjust before we pull her. I think all-day, 5-days-a-week school is going to be a tough adjustment for her. Hopefully, Disney will be a nice break for her, and it won’t all be too much.