The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

:sob: I didnā€™t think of that.

4 Likes

Oh no, please no. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Are weā€¦going to try to resurrect it when it dies? Iā€™m in!

4 Likes

I hate this. Disney really is determined to kill off all spontaneity.

Will we be able to upgrade from a single-park Genie+ to an all-parks Genie+, if we change our mind later in the day? I doubt it. So, I hate this.

How dare they pass this off as a way to ā€œsimplify the Disney Genie+ serviceā€!

6 Likes

Just when you think Genie+ canā€™t get any worseā€¦.

6 Likes

Example:

Genie+ Park-Specific Pricing (June 27th)

• Multiple parks: $27
  • Magic Kingdom only: $27
  • EPCOT only: $18
  • Hollywood Studios only: $24
  • Animal Kingdom only: $16

According to this example, this gives people a discount if theyā€™re only using G+ at Epcot or AK. That seems OK to me. It was pretty widely acknowledged that G+ was most useful at MK and DHS.

The question is are they raising G+ prices at MK/DHS to compensate?

3 Likes

I actually have bought Genie+ AK only before. At this point I will buy Genie+ every day unless pricing increases significantly. So this would have saved me a bit a couple of days.

So yeah, the key is whether pricing at MK / HS is an increase ā€¦

4 Likes

Any thoughts on if they will allow advance purchase?

3 Likes

f27a85cd-ffbb-43dd-bcab-6937e9e4db9d_text

5 Likes
2 Likes

Oh no. Youā€™re probably right. Iā€™m here now but Iā€™m going to UOR that day so at least Iā€™ll have a heads up. Keep us posted. It worked great today for getting PP. and really wanted to use it for SDD. Internet is slow at FW.

5 Likes

I get that theyā€™re trying to make it more flexible for folks who are only visiting one park, but this overall is just asinine

4 Likes

Yeah at this point I think people would be willing to pay a little bit more for simplicity. Itā€™s waaaaayyyyy too complex. Iā€™m going to have to start another thread to explain the thread where we explain the threads where we explain Genie+. :rofl:

12 Likes

This really just puts a bad taste in my mouth for future genie purchases. Maybe thats exactly what they want.

4 Likes

Unfortunately we happen to be going to Epcot for just one day and itā€™s on June 27th (ahead of our Starcruiser). Assuming BG01 will be broken :sob:

Does anyone know if the 120 minute grace period still applies?

2 Likes

120 minute grace period still applies.

You should be fine if BG1 isnā€™t working, especially if itā€™s just Epcot. Just get your BG first if you need one and have a second person get your first LL right at 7am if possible. Do Remy or TT first and then keep an eye out for the drops for the other one. FEA should be your next priority. Everything else will be immediate.

The good news is youā€™ll pay less than you would have. :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

When booking in MDE, at 7 do you have to refresh or simply click on the attraction right at 7?

3 Likes

I havenā€™t done it in so long I forget! :rofl: I think if there is a button to push, you can push it. Otherwise you have to refresh.

4 Likes