The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

You got it right. If you get 7am can’t get 1pm.

4 Likes

I believe the only way you can enter the 1 pm queue if you get a boarding group at 7 is if your morning boarding group is called, you don’t ride, and then expires before 1:00.

6 Likes

This is correct. You can enter the 1pm queue to override your unused 7am BG, but you can’t ride twice using a 7am + 1pm VQ. You can only ride twice by using ILL or the 6pm Deluxe Hours VQ.

6 Likes

Thanks!
@Sunshiney_Disney_Momma @Jeff_AZ @JillWebster

5 Likes

In the first post, under ILL, Tron should be added.

And under VQ, remove “expected to be” for Tron.

5 Likes

Thanks! Updated. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a pass through. :wink:

6 Likes

We just booked a 3 night trip to WDW for Thanksgiving week and the sole intention of doing (1) MVMCP night and no other park tickets.

We plan on getting to MK to enter at 4 with our party tickets.

Is it possible to buy G+ for the 4-7 pm time we are there to get 2-3 rides in before the party starts? Any idea when MDE would let me purchase it that day & whether it would let me select ride times starting at 4 pm?

2 Likes

Yes you can do this. You can still purchase starting at midnight but you won’t be able to make a LL selection until the attraction return times have advanced past 4pm. This can happen really quickly for high demand rides, so you should still be able to have your first LL booked before park open and keep booking every two hours.

5 Likes

Does the park officially close at 6 (I think it does)?

You will be paying for Genie+ for 2 hours. I don’t know what time the last entry slots are. With FPs it would have been closer to 5:30?

4 Likes

Yes, the park closes at 6:00 pm (not 7:00 pm) but with stacking @rctmsu2000 could pack a number of rides into a 2 hour period. I’ve never done this at MK on a party day, but my guess is at least 3 LLs and perhaps up to 5 LLs could be obtained for the 4:00pm-6:00pm period. It’s not exactly the same situation for a number of reasons (eg MK times progress slower and my 2 hour period was 7-9 pm), but I have stacked 4 LLs at HS for a 2 hour period in the evening multiple times on arrival day.

Note: I have no experience with whether you can actually purchase G+ on a party day when you are not using a regular ticket for park entry so please rely on other posters for that information.

4 Likes

How many since you need to enter at 4 and walk to an attraction and you need to be in line before 6 for your last attraction? With ride lengths maybe 4-5? Would it be about $5 per attraction added to the special event ticket and could you do those attractions during the party? I would seriously look at cost/benefit.

Keep in mind the line to enter MK at 4pm can take some time. It is not a walk up and enter situation (in my experience from last year, it was easier precovid for some reason).

5 Likes

It’s a great point but I think it could still be worth it to get Genie+ if the price is in the similar range as it is now. If you don’t have young kids that need Rider Swap, you can get through at least 4 rides in two hours, equating to ~$5-7 a pop. If those rides are PPF, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and BTMRR, you will be skipping around 2+ hours of queue. You might be able to do a bunch of lower-tier attractions in Fantasyland instead / too depending on how quickly you move.

Of course, if you were planning to do these during the party anyway, you could also plan to use those 2 hours to ride rides with low standby waits, like it’s a small world, Mad Tea Party, Philharmagic, etc. But if you want to reserve the party time for entertainment, food, M&Gs, etc., then getting Genie+ could make sense.

5 Likes

I would save Space for the party since that is generally one of the only attractions with a party overlay. Space is also usually not available for a period of time before the party so it can change to the overlay.

4 Likes

I agree with this estimated cost per attraction. Likely worth it for some guests and not for others.

Given that @rctmsu2000 stated in her post that she was hoping to get in 2-3 LL rides before the party started, it sounds like it may be worth it to her.

6 Likes

Conflicting advice… https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/genie-available-purchase-mnsshp-ticket-family-intends-514367/

Disney Genie+ can only be added to regular theme park tickets, so even if you plan to head to the park at 4 p.m., you won’t be able to add the service to your event ticket.

4 Likes

Hmmm I’ve read of real life people able to do this. Trying to remember who it was …

2 Likes

You used to be able to do it with dummy account and FPs? I think people that were able to book last year were guests that had length of stay genie+ it did not allow you to purchase with only party tickets ( if you booked a morning park the party ticket did act as a hopper?)

4 Likes

So I was remembering that @Tall_Paul1 did MNSSHP (which may or may not be the same rules as MVMCP re: Genie+), and his trip report is actually pretty helpful for seeing what conditions are like during those intermediate hours of a holiday party night.

He did NOT buy Genie+, but he says he “could have.” I’m not sure if he actually tried or what, so this isn’t definitive proof. If anyone else remembers seeing confirmation, please share.

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/eat-drink-and-be-scary-a-musical-trip-to-the-world/90274/450

G+ was not purchased for these few hours, although I could have.

3 Likes

Good memory. As a test at the time, I went to purchase G+ and the “Confirm your party” page showed those with the party ticket as eligible, and my daughter who wasn’t on that trip as ineligible. It let me through to the point of hitting the button to purchase. I did not have any remaining regular ticket days at that point.

If not allowed, I presumably would have seen “this guest does not have valid park admission” for everyone and been unable to confirm the party and advance to purchase, just as I’m seeing right now without tickets.

At least on that day, I’m confident it would have worked. But no guarantee for this year.

5 Likes

Thanks! That’s helpful to know, even if rules have changed. It’s worth a try again in the future for those who would like to. But if unable to purchase Genie+, it sounds like there are other options during that timeframe.

5 Likes