The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - FOR TRIPS THRU JULY 23, 2024

Exactly this. I ahould be able to prebook something for park opening, ans won’t have to get up at 7:00 to do it.

Uh-oh. What if they make each LL an ILL that you can prebook? :flushed:

4 Likes

I doubt that. People aren’t going to pay $10-20 per ride on multiple rides. They’d be better off doing a full skip the line at the point like Universal Express pass which I don’t want because it’s too much.

4 Likes

I was thinking smaller dollar amouns, but then that might errode the value of the existing ILL…

4 Likes

I still doubt they’d do that. That seems like it would lead to more complaints. When you see a la carte pricing even if it’s $5 people will balk. Even if your per ride cost now is more than that it just seems worse.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t draw that conclusion so fast. I think a number of people would do that if it were for headliners, especially with park hopping (eg the existing 5 ILLs plus Remy, TT, FEA, SDD, ToT, RnRC, TSM, and SM).

I doubt that. $15-$20 per ride sounds like a number that would generate some interest, but not too much. Look at the 3 FP+ extras for $50 per day that were available for a time with Club level rooms. Many people were eager to buy that add-on for $16.67 per ride.

5 Likes

I was thinking about smaller rides - Dinosaur, KRR, WTp, even Pirates. Pricing would be interesting to see.

But I forgot they also don’t want to errode the value of the VIP tours with people buying them all a la carte. So there is that!

4 Likes

That might make too much sense, lol. It could definitely work though! Another thing would be to try the LL reservation to the hotel reservation. If you cancel the trip that made you eligible for making the LL at 60+10, the LLs get canceled too.

6 Likes

I doubt their IT could cope with that. With either thing actually :joy:

6 Likes

My own guess on what WDW may do (without any insider knowledge) …

Now that WDW has a sense of how much they can charge for G+ each time of year, WDW could go back to offering advanced G+ purchases for the entire length of trip (at a price per day that WDW expects for G+ that time of year). Guests who purchase G+ for the full length of their ticket package in advance would then be able to book 1 LL and 1 ILL per day a certain number of days in advance (with on-site guests being able to book on an earlier date than off-site guests).

This accomplishes the following for WDW:

(1) Gives on-site guests another perk without costing WDW anything (other than the cost to update their software for the change in the system);

(2) Forces more sales of G+ in EP and AK; and

(3) Creates a way to somewhat appease guests who are unhappy about the 7:00 am rule.

Of course, this would really unfairly disadvantage AP holders.

8 Likes

This is exactly what I envision as well. We shall see.

5 Likes

Being able to buy it in advance would be a plus for me - at least you’d know how much instead of having to wake up every morning and find out.

10 Likes

I have not been able to make any sense of pricing. Seems the past month or so it’s varied from day to day from $18-22 but waits seem very low across the board. How do they decide??

4 Likes

Don’t try to make sense of it. :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

9 Likes

Today is the first time I’ve noticed the price change (increase) on the same day. I looked this morning and it was $22, I looked just now (7:30pm Eastern) and it’s $25.

2 Likes

Sometimes the first G+ price shown in MDE is out of date and displays yesterday’s price ($22). If you refresh a few times it will show the current price ($25 today).

4 Likes

Yes. It was $25 this morning. You have to actually click on the tip board using the + at the bottom to make sure it’s accurate.

5 Likes

I paid $25 for it at 6:30am so I’m glad to hear others report I didn’t miss out on a sale. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I noticed that as well when I was in the parks two weeks ago. Would look initially when I opened the app and saw one price then when I went to buy I saw another.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I don’t know the answer to this already but my brain will not cooperate.

Can you get the 7am and 1pm VQ? My thought is no. But just want to confirm…

3 Likes