The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I did not realize you could modify at anytime until the last park day of my short trip :woman_facepalming: I probably should have read thru the current Genie rules. We only got Genie 3 times so it was no big deal. But there was one day where it would have made sense to book & modify instead of waiting.

I will be using that newish rule to the max though during my September trip. It really makes it easier to maximize park hopping/stacking.

4 Likes

No. If youā€™re getting up early youā€™re in bed by 10. It has to like 6pm day before.

4 Likes

Tron $ILL was $20 today and availability lasted til 7:03, according to thrilldata.

For comparison RotR is $25 and still available as of 7:30.

11 Likes

I going to copy it from a note pad in my phone and be ready to past if needed. Exp and SVC are easy enough to enter manually. Thanks!

5 Likes

This would also alleviate some pressure on Disney MDE servers(?) at 7am. Maybe servers isnā€™t the correct word. IDK. But hopefully the meaning comes across.

5 Likes

Preferred for sure! But Iā€™ll even compromise with 8pm :grin:

3 Likes

I wonder if the news of Tron opening has hit the masses yet? People may not even know. I was talking to my niece Saturday. She loves Disney. She even did the college program there several years back. She knew Tron was opening 4/4 but hadnā€™t heard anything of the soft opening.

6 Likes

Sure.

4 Likes

Perhaps not, but it may not have all that much effect. A lot of people may just randomly browse Tip Board at 7am and say, ooh look, Tron, letā€™s book that. But worth keeping an eye on this $ILL for a few weeks to see what pattern emerges.

4 Likes

Thanks for answering my question back there! I was away for work and just got back. Super helpful and the change will be amazing!!!

3 Likes

So, I just happened to go into my Photos in the app and noticed the watermarks were removed from my ride photos for the days we had Genie+. Which is interesting as I saw itā€™s effective March 20 ā€¦but we went the 8-13 :face_with_monocle: So if you bought Genie + recently, you may want to check your photos.

6 Likes

I purchased genie the week of 2/19/23 and all my ride photos are available for digital download without watermark

4 Likes

Now that the three of you have negotiated a reasonable solution, please get WDW to make it happen!

8 Likes

Something to keep an eye on: be on time for a Tron BG!

11 Likes

From your lips! I wish! :joy:

3 Likes

This may be a new question, so here goes. Iā€™m struggling a bit with HS planning, because we donā€™t really have a full day of stuff there. MFSR made my wife sick, RNR is out, TOT too scary for kids. Custom TP says weā€™ll be done by 1pm with LL for ST (??), TSM, MV3D (??) in that order. Standby for SDD, MMRR, RotR for a grand total of 240 mins waiting before 1pm! So a totally ineffective use of G+, but I think that itā€™s bc the other ridesā€™ return times wouldnā€™t hit until later in the day.

Iā€™m thinking it will help to split the day up and do it over multiple PHs instead. So book the early stuff and knock out the immediate returns on one day before PH to EP. Then do the AK+HS PH for the rides with generally later return times.

Am I accomplishing anything with this strategy? I feel like I am, but Iā€™m not sure. And how would yā€™all plan for this strategy, keeping in mind that we still want to take advantage of G+ for at EP/AK for those partial days? Iā€™m familiar with the general info above re: PHing, modifying, etc.

2 Likes

Horrible use of LL. Ignore that. Just one SDD will more than make up for whatever youā€™d save from those three rides, and if you knock it out early, you can get MMRR and TSM as well.

• At 7:00:00am, get SDD for a return time in the first hour.
  • If you want to ride SDD twice, ride standby during early entry.
  • Use SDD LL as soon as you are eligible.
  • Get a LL for MMRR as soon as you tap into the second tap at SDD.
  • You can ride TSM next with (usually) minimal wait if you are there early.
  • Ride anything else (ASS, ST, Muppets) while you wait for MMRR.
  • After you tap into MMRR, get a LL for something else if you want.

I recommend ILL for RotR. But if you donā€™t want to do that, rope drop it during Early Entry and use your SDD LL as soon as you can thereafter.

You can easily do all this in one day by 1pm.

Good luck!

12 Likes

I would propose the following:
At 7:00:00 get SDD LL (if you are using BG1, you will get an early return time)
Buy ILL for ROTR choosing a time around noon.
Be at front gate 45 minutes before early entry, rope drop SDD (to ride twice)
As soon as you are off rope-dropped-SDD head directly to TSM (to ride twice).
Once you are off, check the time. if you are 5 minutes or more before park entry, you can decide between riding TSM again or going over to MMRR.
Return to SDD to redeem LL
As soon as you tap into the ride at second tap point, book MMRR LL.
Off SDD, go ride ASS. Then visit " Walt Disney presents" which includes a short biographical film about Walt Disney which I love. Depending on the return time you have gotten for MMRR, you can meet Olaf, watch the Vacation shorts and Muppet 3D. Redeem your MMRR LL as soon as you can and book TSM. You will probably get a early return time. Before or after TSM go watch the Beauty and the Beast show. Redeem TSM and book ST. That will get you an immediate return time. Before ST, go to Frozen sing a long which is much more fun than it sounds. Do ST. Having tapped in to ST, book LL for afternoon park. I strongly recommend MK because you can get all the popular LLs easily. Start stacking for second park using the 2 hour rule. Redeem your ROTR ILL. Leave HS. Take Friendship boat over to Beachclub and have an ice cream at Beaches and Cream and from there take bus to whichever park you have decided to hop to. If you are going to Epcot, simply walk over to the International Gate.
If buying te ROTR ILL is not an option, rope drop ROTR and continue rest of plan from SDD LL onwards.

Additional:
when stacking for the afternoon, try to book the first LL for second park for a bit later in the afternoon. Then when you book the last one before getting to the park, try to book it for as early as you enter the park. As this will be your LATEST LL, as soon as you tap into that, you can book a new LL. From there on you can book LLs back to back.
Example:
assume you have selected MK as your second park which you plan to Peter Pan for 6:45. At 2:01 book BTM for 6:20. At 4:01 book POC for 4:15. Enter park at 4:30 and head to Pirates. As soon as you tap in to POC, book a new LL and take it from there.

14 Likes

Great stuff. Thanks to both of you. Will report back what I manage to accomplish.

5 Likes

Given your desired attraction list, if it were me, I would definitely not split HS into 2 days.

Below is what I would do. I am assuming you are on-site (early entry) and willing to pay for ILL for Rise. If not, let me know and I will suggest some alternative plans.

7:00 am: Get earliest possible SDD LL and choose a mid-late morning ILL for Rise
Early Entry RD: Ride TSM stand-by
If it is time for SDD, go to SDD (check in for SDD 5 minutes prior to the earliest return time)
If not yes time for SDD, then either ride TSM a second time stand-by or ride A2S stand-by
As soon as you tap in for SDD, book LL for MMRR
Until time for Rise and MMRR, fill in with ST and MV (or A2S if standby line is short)
2 hours after the timed you booked MMRR LL, either (i) book LL for TSM or A2S if you missed one or want to ride one again or (ii) start booking LLs for the park you are hopping to later in the day.

4 Likes