The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Or people who get incrementally fed up with the long lines during the day.

4 Likes

Cross posting this tweet:

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1636717598724304897?s=46&t=o5hb2IhktPeuVj4nnnvyVA

7DMT will remain an ILL (for now). I hope they eventually change this, but looks like theyā€™ve made their decision for the foreseeable future.

8 Likes

Figured this is what they would do. Probably the right decision from a financial standpoint, unfortunately.

4 Likes

OK, now shit just got real. What is the quickest way to secure an ILL? Iā€™ve never worried about it before. I WANT one for Tron next Saturday. Will I have to enter my CC info in? Or will it already be stored?

3 Likes

I save my CC in my MDE profile and then itā€™s prefilled when I book an ILL.

4 Likes

Not surprised, thereā€™s enough G+ capacity at MK that they donā€™t need to shore it up by adding 7DMT to the pool.

The fact that thereā€™s now 2 ILLā€™s at MK could mean a tricky choice if hopping to/from MK. Since you can book a max of 2 ILLā€™s per day (assuming this isnā€™t changing), you canā€™t, say, book TRON, FoP, and 7DMT if hopping from AK to MK.

8 Likes

I wonder if they will ever sell Genie + as part of a package again or with a ticket purchase. I would greatly prefer the ability to purchase in advance.

7 Likes

Awesome news. Mine is saved too.

4 Likes

I doubt it. They removed that ability to decrease demand for the product. They like being able to have surge pricing and discourage people from buying it every day of their trip.

5 Likes

Agreed. With variable pricing in place, they canā€™t really do pre-purchases like they did before when it was a flat rate. And I doubt they will change the variable pricing because it maximizes their profits.

4 Likes

But could they please change the purchase time?! :confounded: Under normal circumstances I am asleep between midnight and 7am. Iā€™d even be ok sleeping through the 7am LL grab most days. I just hate having an extra thing to do morning of. Purchasing 7 pm night before would be great!

5 Likes

Ok, I have a question and I had to skipped a thousand posts so this may have been answered before.

I read that now you can modify a LL.

So if I get a Jungle Cruise LL for 5 but I really want it for 9, can I keep refreshing every half hour or so and try for later ones with no ramifications?

Like will I still be able to get another LL 2 hours after I booked the last one?

The last time we went (May 2022) changing a time really meant booking a new one.

Can anyone clarify the policy change, if there was one?

Any good ways to use it to better stack evening LLs after taking an afternoon break?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s correct. The 120 min rule applies to the time you book the original LL and the modify time is completely irrelevant

6 Likes

Disney started allowing modifications back in Dec.

The only thing to watch out for is donā€™t let the LL that youā€™re trying to modify expire, bc then you canā€™t modify it anymore.

This allows fishing for better times/rides and generally cleaning up/optimizing a stack.

6 Likes

The best advice for stacking is to always make a LL reservation as soon as you are eligible (to max out the number you have when you arrive), and keep moving back your existing LLs to the period when you will use them (to avoid losing them). There is generally no harm in modifying as it relates to eligibility*.

• the one scenario this isnā€™t true is if your most recent LL is less than the 2-hour window away and by using it you could be eligible for another one immediately.
6 Likes

Yes - for sure!

I find this to be hit or miss, but if Disney doesnā€™t have it one is saved in google forms. But if you have ine saved to your profile you should be okay.

4 Likes

Ay Disneyland they have a $25 pre purchase price and then variable same day. I think they still come out a winner there because you have to pre purchase the length of your ticket. Otherwise people may not buy it for arrival or departure day. With Disneyland teups being short that extra day beats the price differential.

I also think fewer people buy it at WDW than would buy it through a package purchased by their TA. I think availability has gone up since they changed it.

Totally agree. How about 10pm even?

5 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting that you can still pre purchase at DL. I wouldnā€™t mind paying the average price to have it locked in ahead of time, but I suppose they donā€™t want too many people doing that.

Yes, being able to buy the evening before would be nice! Surely thatā€™s not too much to ask!

3 Likes

I went ahead and locked it in, I wasnā€™t sure how high it would go!

Turns out I will probably save $15 a day (there are 3 of us) the week I am there - so that is $60. But I might not have bought it for our last day, so that is a $75 loss. I am okay because I will get some use that last day!

I think they can do this at DLR because such a high percentage of people are annual pass holders.

4 Likes

Just how WDW likes it ā€¦ less folks using a product and increased revenue all at the same time.

Iā€™m waiting for WDW to charge a premium to book G+ in advance when you buy your tix.

5 Likes