The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

For double tap rides, do you mean you tap in at the line entrance, and then once more before you ride?

That is standard operating procedure on any ride where the FP/LL is accessible from the standby line. It is a way to prevent people from jumping from the standby line into the LL. So, for example, Space Mountain would be like that.

3 Likes

Yes that’s what we’re referring to. It would be nice to have a list of such attractions since you are able to book a new LL only after you have tapped into both taps.

4 Likes

Precisely

1 Like

Is there a way for me to look at the instructions that you posted at the beginning of this thread without scrolling through 300 plus comments?

2 Likes

If you look in a browser there is a slider on the side that you can use. On a phone you can click the post count on the bottom right and enter 1 to navigate there. Failing that, here’s a link for you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

SDD, SM also

1 Like

Yoo Hoo! Confused Disney-lover here! Question about stacked Genie+ Lighting Lane reservation. In the original post above, Jeff_AZ outlined the following for stacked LL:

1. Stacking Reservations You may “stack” LL Reservations. For example, if you are arriving at 4pm on a day with 9am park opening, you could obtain one LL reservation at 9am with a 4pm return time, another at 11am with a 5pm return time, and another at 1pm with a 6pm return time (all subject to availability of those attractions and return times).

In this scenario, when I use my 4pm LL (the first one I booked at 9:00am), can I get another LL even though I have two more yet to use?

1 Like

Yes you can! After the first two hours passes (including the limitation on park opening), you can continue to get a new LL reservation after another two hours passes OR after using ANY of your LL reservations (or letting one lapse).

Savvy guests will be able to obtain and use multiple LLs in a single hour if they watch the clock closely and find rides with immediate return times.

9 Likes

I would love to see TP test G+ the way Liners are going to use it. We are all going to RD and use EE if staying onsite. With a touring plan that tells you how to prioritize your LL times, and what order to do SB queues while waiting for those LL times, I am quite sure we could take over the world.

8 Likes

Here is what I don’t understand…okay, let’s be real, there is still a lot I don’t understand about how Genie+ works…if you can’t select when your LL return window will be (even if you are purposefully trying to push them to later in the day), then how could you ever do a purposeful touring plan? Aren’t you at the mercy of whichever time Genie+ throws at you once your booking windows open?

5 Likes

MaxPass at Disneyland was very similar and it IS possible to have a plan. IF you know which attractions run out of return times fastest and which are easy to get, and you study up on all the tips and tricks, you can have a game plan that should get you on most rides in the order you expect. You do have to be flexible in case a curveball gets thrown your way, but that has always been the case! It may be daunting, but Liners can do it.

4 Likes

I had to read this 3 times before I figured out what you meant. After I read it the first time, I thought … ok, so they are staying onsite and RD’ing Expedition Everest.

6 Likes

I may need to turn in my Liner badge! =) It definitely feels daunting. Maybe I just need to continue to shift my perspective…and listen/read more about how it is working in the parks day-to-day.

4 Likes

You can do it! Following along with others as they use the system will help. Open the app and get familiar with it. It will probably take a day or two in the parks before it becomes natural.

2 Likes

It definitely does feel daunting!

4 Likes

No we’re not :laughing:

5 Likes

Yup that’s why EE is not a great acronym for Early Entry. I have seen others using ETPE (early theme park entry) and that works better.

5 Likes

Maybe we just go back to using EMH. We can pretend it’s still magical.

7 Likes

Wimp!

1 Like

Teenagers.

4 Likes