The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

FYI for reference, TD tracks the sold out times. It’s showing yesterday at 12:45, but has not updated yet for today.

6 Likes

Well of course they do. LOL :rofl:

Whoever works on that site has left no data stone unturned.

6 Likes

This was my thought. At least to raise the ceiling.

5 Likes

Good - at least we still know we don’t need to stay up to purchase it.

5 Likes

Link please? I can’t find it

4 Likes

Near the bottom: Disney World Genie Plus Price Tracker - Thrill-Data

5 Likes

Thanks Skipper

4 Likes

Now the sold out time was removed…

4 Likes

Presumably a certain quota is hit and then sales are stopped… so what I want to know is, who are these people still buying at 2pm??? When they’ve missed the whole morning’s stacking and they won’t be able to book any of the popular rides? Not Liners, that’s for sure!

Maybe Disney is stopping sales to save these people from themselves?!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Actually that’s not a bad idea. Maybe they have gotten a lot of complaints from people who buy in the afternoon and can’t get any good rides. So maybe they adjusted their metrics that would trigger a shutdown of new sales for the day … :thinking:

11 Likes

That’s my most likely theory. It’s a guest satisfaction decision - Disney figured out that selling G+ after a certain point on busy days costs them more in guest sat than the incremental revenue it brings in.

8 Likes

Hey Jeff, does this Tip for ILL’s from your OP need to be updated or am I reading it wrong? Just checking…

4 Likes

Yes it does. Those are all supposed to be ILL attractions and some no longer are. Thanks!

3 Likes

I have read and re-read the rules on this, but for some reason, I can’t hold it in my brain. Can someone please summarize what happens to your next booking time when you modify? I understand that you can now modify any LL that you are holding. The old rules were simple and were based on either your most recently booked LL (either + 120mins or tap-in) or park opening + 120 mins. Now, if you modify a LL that is not your most recently booked, what happens to your next booking time? Please use examples! Thanks so much! Not sure why I can’t get this straight…

3 Likes

Nothing happens! Modifying NOT your most recently booked has no bearing on when you can book next.

5 Likes

A great breakdown with examples: When Can I Book My Next Genie+ Lightning Lane? | TouringPlans.com Blog

5 Likes

Agreed! It was nice of them to not sell G+ in the afternoon so folks could ride Dumbo and Gran Fiesta Tour. :joy:

Once I saw it didn’t sell out until after noon, I was relieved. If you’re buying it that late, it’s not really helping you, so it is a mercy that Disney isn’t selling it to you at that point. It benefits both the guests and Disney.

It made me feel sad for those people who show up clueless at a park at 10:30 and don’t even find out about G+ until they start seeing signs for it. I will never understand spending so much money and doing zero research! My brain does not work that way. I need all the information and details and TELL ME EVERYTHING! :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you, that was really helpful. So, everything is still based on:

• The later of: (booking time+120 mins) of your most recently booked LL, or (park opening+120 mins) ; or

• Tap-in of your most recently booked LL, if earlier than above.

The ability to now modify any LL does not have any effect on your next booking time at all.

Is this right?

4 Likes

There’s no changes at all…The 120 min does NOT reset and you can modify up until you get on the ride and it doesn’t affect anything

3 Likes

Close… Your next time can go DOWN (closer to “now”) if you modify to something ending before the 120 minutes. A modify of your latest booking will never make the next time go UP (later in the day).

5 Likes