The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Here now and have an interesting situation. Got a multiple experience pass yesterday (RNR) to be used today at HS (hopping there shortly). It showed up in MDE this morning and at some point it disappeared. However, itā€™s still showing up in BG1. Do I assume itā€™s still there and MDE is just glitchy? Iā€™m not sure I want to waste time at the blue tent.

4 Likes

First I go to the WDW page, scroll down to the 4th chart and use that to pick a date. Then I click on the park I want. Letā€™s say you choose Hollywood Studios. At the top of the page, you can change the date. Then scroll down to the 4th chart for the LL Availability Map. When you hover over the rectangles, you can see the time and the LL return time.

6 Likes

Who do you think told me to use Thrill Data? :wink:

9 Likes

Yea! You get it. But donā€™t grab LL and drive. :wink:

4 Likes

So I was just going to give an example of how I planned to stack my HS afternoon and then realized I donā€™t know where I wrote it down. Iā€™m left with the LL times I put into my TP but donā€™t know when I pulled them.

So - what rides do you want to ride, when are tou getting there and donyou need LL for the moning? I love plotting a plan with the thrill data screen on one side and drop times on the other. I need an escape tonight!

5 Likes

After you get Qwerty sorted (trip is imminent!), feel free to take a stab at my DHS/EPCOT day for next month.

I explained it here, and even already have a list of priorities for DHS. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Can do, definately in the next week or so, or tonight if Qwerty is finished for the evening.

My Friday is the exact opposite, EP then HS. .

One question, what is ETPE?

3 Likes

I feel like I donā€™t know what I donā€™t know.

I think the day Iā€™m most confused about is AK this Friday. But - it does open at 7:30AM and stays open til 8PM. So even if I mess up royallyā€¦ Iā€™ll still have plenty of time. Right?

But. Other than RD FOP I donā€™t have any idea what my goals should even be? KS as early as possible?

5 Likes

Early theme park entry.

4 Likes

I have a 2Pm-close at HS Thursday and
RD to 2PM Monday as well. I think we have some good wiggle room, esp since we arenā€™t really into SW. I mean try to RD ROTR on day 2. But maybe we wonā€™t bother either.

2 Likes

I did AK/DHS in January and rocked it, but I didnā€™t get anything at AK and just stacked DHS all morning.

Here, I actually want to use Genie+ in the morning and only the ILL at EPCOT in a narrow window of time ā€¦so it makes it more complicated.

ā€¦and I have 30+ days to figure out my plan of attack that day so there is no rush. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

DW isnā€™t into SW, but she enjoyed RotR. It is a great ride.

4 Likes

Oh, youā€™ve got HS. Honestly, I think the key to HS is know the drops and plan on getting TOT, SDD or TSM at those where possible (maybe along with the 7am start) and use other times to get you other rides.

Of course thats what ETPE means :woman_facepalming:

For AK, if you ride Navi after FOP that will help. I think, unlike at HS, it is fine to have big gaps between LLs, to walk trails, go to Nomad, go to shows, and then go to Nomad.

In the last week here is the order they have run out (suprising to me):

• Outpost (out by 12:45)
  • Navi (out by 1:15)
  • Kali (out by 2:15 with some later drops showing up)
  • Dinosaur (out by 3:00)
  • Kilimijaro Safaris (starts distribting within an hour of ride time by about 3:30 but lasts until close)
  • Expidition Everest (always distributes within one hour of ride time)

I think you canā€™t go wrong, eapecially if you use BG1 to get your first LL early and then use the refresh feature to grab the best times.

6 Likes

Wow!!! Thank you.
I didnā€™t know that about EE for sure.
I do hope we have time for trails, etc. We often do not.

Hmmmm. - can you also take a look at EP for Sunday 6/26, if you have a chance?

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4670840

This is the TP, but I do hope to grab BG and ILL for GOTG.

2 Likes

I thought at one time, a good strategy was to book the latest LL you could find for a popular ride like SDD maybe around 7:00 or later. This would be your first booking and then stack. Is that not right? Should I instead grad SDD early if I see it? Iā€™m
still confused if I want the earliest or latest times when I wake up and start booking.

3 Likes

Both are solid strategies. If you get SDD early and can ride and book you next one before 2 hours after park opening, you will be ahead of most people.

7 Likes

Yeah, totally depends on your touring style. If youā€™re rope dropping, getting an early return time for a headliner is a great strategy. If you want to sleep in and arrive later, afternoon/evening stacking is a great way to get through a lot of rides quickly.

4 Likes

We usually rope drop, afternoon break at resort, then back until closing.

8 Likes

My favorite strategy

6 Likes

I would get at least one early LL, then start stacking for afternoon / evening.

4 Likes