The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Perfect, thank you!

2 Likes

This may have already been answered but can I book a ILL for RoTR on my arrival day at 7AM. It would need to be later in the day as we won’t arrive until around 2PM.

2 Likes

Yes you can.

4 Likes

Ok so I need some help/clarification. I am planning my friend’s trip and want to give them the order of booking for G+ I am going to use @Jeff_AZ super handy list from the lead post (thanks!) but now that FEA, MMRR and SM are G+ where do they fit?? Are they automatically first? ie should I get FEA before TT? If anyone has thoughts that would be great! For reference here is the usual order -
MK: JC > PPF > BTMRR > Splash > HM > WtP > PotC > (everything else)
HS: SDD > MFSR > RNRC > ToT > TSM > AS2> (MV3D, ST, Shows)
EP: TT > Soarin > MS> (TTwC, Seas, SE, LwtL, Imag, Pixar)
Thanks for making me look good to my fiends :rofl:

4 Likes

FEA and TT is a tie. Go for the one you must do. (Or do FEA if you are ok doing SR line at TT.)

SM would be my first pick at MK, but it depends on how you compare it to JC and PP - I’d get the one of those three that is your top priority. Based purely on availability, JC runs out first, then SM and PP is a tie.

MMRR runs out about the same time as RNRC. Lately ToT has been running out before either of those two - I’d get that first unless patterns change again.

Here’s a summary of new priorities. Note that you may only be able to get one out of each pair or trio of attractions in a row, so pick your favorite first!

MK: JC > PPF/SM > BTMRR > Splash > HM > WtP > PotC > (everything else)
HS: SDD > MFSR > ToT > RNRC/MMRR > TSM > AS2> (MV3D, ST, Shows)
EP: FEA/TT > Soarin > MS> (TTwC, Seas, SE, LwtL, Imag, Pixar)

7 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

I just did a write-up on what I learned about Genie+ from my trip this past week:

8 Likes

Thank you for all your detailed reporting, so helpful!! (Also happy birthday!!:gift:)

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Did you book something right at 7 and then cancel and rebook at 7:17?

3 Likes

Just started reading about this - if you book at 7 can’t you book again at 9 regardless of when the first LL return time is?

3 Likes

No. You can’t book until 2 hours after park opening (the park you booked your first LL in even if that’s not your 1st park) or when you tap into your first LL, whichever is earlier.

4 Likes

Ugh! Regular opening- not early entry?

3 Likes

Yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

4 Likes

No, on HS days, I generally missed RotR at 7, but able to get a few minutes later. Once you’ve booked something, it can’t be changed.

2 Likes

For LL you can cancel and rebook though right? I’m asking how risky it is to drop what you have and try to rebook immediately.

3 Likes

I was playing around this morning and noticed when I refreshed rides they went back and forth between 2 hours (smugglers run gave me a time in the 6:00 hour then a time in the 1:00 several times in a row, for example). Anyone know if that is typical? I’ve been slowing reading this thread but haven’t made it through all the posts yet.

2 Likes

For LL you can, yes.

3 Likes

Yes, that will happen a lot between 7:00 and 7:10. Then sometime before or at 7:11, morning times will drop.

3 Likes

I haven’t used genie plus yet, so this is a technical question. I have a group on my experience app which will be going on most rides together. When I click in book for a LL, it auto selects all people with a current ticket for the park that day, and then I hit confirm, correct? But we have a couple of kids that are too short for some rides. Is there a way I can remove them after I reserve? For hard to get reservations I don’t want to spend time unclicking them before I reserve.

2 Likes