The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

If I were to drop one day, it would be Day 1. Having MK in the afternoon/evening will be better for stacking. You want to have Genie+ for at least one MK day and one HS day.

6 Likes

I’ll do that then - I was thinking that early in the trip our tolerance for waiting will be higher so it wouldn’t be as important, and with the evening hop being to EP I don’t know that we’ll get enough value from it to make it worthwhile

I appreciate your insight! I don’t know why this stupid thing is so hard for me to conceptualize.

5 Likes

We made good use of Genie+ on our 4P1D in January. But I think it might depend on what your goals are for that day.

2 Likes

Each park will include 1 ride, 1 show, and 1 snack. That’s all! Which is why I kind of feel like it’s not necessary that day.

4 Likes

If your sticking to 2, my vote would be G+ for 1st HS evening day (to stack) and MK finale day (to stack). If you wanted to add a 3rd, HS/AK day would be nice (first LL at HS early and stack AKs for the evening after that).

4 Likes

I agree that makes sense not to get that day. We did have the same goals but some members of the party are overachievers and wanted to exceed the goals.

4 Likes

Ok so if I have a park res for AK (opening at 7:30) but use my 7 AM LL for a post-hop attraction at EPCOT, can I get my next LL 120 minutes after AK opens or 120 minutes after EPCOT opens?

3 Likes

Oh I want to know that answer too.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure it’s 120 minutes after the park where you have a reservation opens, so in this case, 9:30 AM. @Jeff_AZ - does this sound right?

3 Likes

I don’t think so, I think it’s 2 hours after the park where you make your first LL opens. On chat they have been recommending getting an early one at AK so you can then start stacking earlier for the park you’re hopping to.

7 Likes

Yeah I saw that.
Honestly I thought your Park Opening time was based on your Park Res.
But the chatters seems to think it’s based on your PPO / 7 AM LL.

ETA: This is another instance where my reaction is “holy rabies, it’s D-49, I should know this!!!”

4 Likes

I’ve seen it mentioned here as well but I’d never find it.

5 Likes

You’re right, I just found it, it’s actually in the OP.

7 Likes

It never occurred to me to look there :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks! That is correct - the “2 hours after park opening” is based off the park where you make your first LL reservation.

4 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m hearing it’s possible there could be some additional options and changes coming, just as people begin to get to grips with this.

Why does it feel this was rushed out, unfinished and not thought through or even properly tested?

6 Likes

Fixed it.

9 Likes

Was your father-in-law by any chance at AK yesterday? There was an older man on my bus calling the scooter company (it stopped working while he was waiting for the bus) on a flip phone and I was amazed.

2 Likes

Haha. No.

3 Likes