The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I don’t think she talked about hopping but Becky was on this week’s Disney Dish

2 Likes

As Becky and others on the TP blog have mentioned in the past, there are only 2-3 attractions at AK and EP that are worthwhile for G+:

• Navi River Journey
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Test Track
  • Soarin’
  • Maybe Kali River Rapids

Everything else usually has times when they are walk on or the savings just isn’t long enough to justify buying Genie+. Becky discusses this on the podcast episode @PrincipalTinker linked.

So a good strategy would be to get G+ on a day when you are going to be hopping between AK and MK, or EP and HS, or some other combination between those. (Hopping from EP to AK or vice versa may not be the best strategy because all the attractions you want G+ for will probably be gone by the time you hop.)

2 Likes

So if I get Genie+ for a day where I’m spending the morning and early afternoon at my resort and then going to a park, can I get more than 2 LLs?

One at 7 AM and another 120- minutes after park open.

Presuming, none of those return times expire, even if I haven’t tapped into my second one, would I be able to get another LL 240- minutes after park opening?

3 Likes

Yes, 120 mins between the bookings (not return times, just when u booked it).

3 Likes

This is akin to the park hopping strategy where LLs are “built up” so the afternoon is filled with LL usage, as long as u can get afternoon times, since ur not actually hopping.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Because of late hours over Christmas and the desire to sort of try to avoid crowds, my family switched from rope droppers to very late arrivals. SM, MMRR amd EE being G+ over Christmas also made G+ extra valuable.

Here are some of my schedules:

3:45 arrival at HS with 7:00 jump via skyliner to EP for delux evening hours:

7:00 ROTR 4:45to 5:45
7:00 SDD 5:45 to 6:45
10:30 MMRR 4:05 to 5:05
12:30 TSMM 5:15 to 6:15
2:30 Soarin 7;30 to 8:30
4:30 ASS 6:20 to 7:20

In this example I never had to wait past my window for later times to open.

Arrival at MK after 5:00 Steakhouse 71 with 11pm to 1am delux hours:

7:00 jungle cruise 7:30 - 8:30
1:46 Space Mountain 8:45 - 9:45
3:46 Peter Pan 10:00 - 11:00
5:46 Pirates 7:20 - 8:20
10:12 buzz 10:15 - 11:00

In this case we were arriving unusually late so I gave up 2 potential booking spots. If we had been arriving at 3:00 I would have booked rides for the afternoon at 10:00am and 12:00am.

I will say, booking later times for AK is brutal because the booking windows advance erratically and slowly. It can be done, it just takes mote time on your phone. And then inevitably a drop happens right when you are almost to the time you want!

6 Likes

Can someone explain to me how Genie+ works with shows? Better seats? The ability to arrive closer to showtime with guaranteed entry?

3 Likes

I rope dropped FOP on tuesday. The Poly bus came at 7:05 and we were the only ones on the bus, and the first 15 people in line for security. I was making my LL selection on the walk over to the bus.

2 Likes

I would say G+ can be underwhelming at HS if you don’t stack LLs for the afternoon. We were there on Monday morning and once we used our 10am SDD, and then our 11am TSM the only thing within three hours of availability was Star Tours. Which we did and then I started booking LLs for MK for after dinner. (That HS morning we also did Indiana Jones, ropedropped MMRR, and paid for ROTR.)

Contrast that to the following day, when we ropedropped FOP (we were the VERY first ones on the ride!!!), walked on to NRJ, 9:20 LL for Safari, then immediately started stacking LLs for 4pm and later (waited for the drop times around 9:30 in order to snag a 4pm SDD.) We arrived at HS at 4:45pm with 3 LLs stacked plus a use-anywhere redemption pass from our Little Mermaid LL the previous night (it was down when I made it at 6pm, and never came back online.) So we were able to do SDD, RNRC, ToT, have dinner, then MFSR and TSM all using LLs. Then we hopped on SDD at 8:59 and waited 20 mins for the last dog of the day! EPIC :slight_smile: Thanks Liners for all the tips in all these threads.

6 Likes
  1. No, seating is the same, you just get inside with a shorter wait.
  2. It depends. Just don’t wait until too close (last 15 min) or they stop letting in LL people as they fill up with standby - at some places. I’ve seen reports of that at places such as Lion King.
2 Likes

Great example of how to use hopping to your advantage with AK + HS! Thanks for sharing your experience.

3 Likes

So I booked a package last year for this upcoming June. How do I add Genie+ to my tickets?

1 Like

If your vacation is paid in full then you have to call to add it. I encountered the same problem, having booked my trip a full year ago. I ended up buying it at 6:30 am each morning but I would not recommend doing this! The last morning I only remembered to buy it at 6:59, oops!

2 Likes

I am hoping you are going to park hop since you will only do three rides? you can use Genie Plus at the park you hop to. As well.

1 Like

Poor planning on their part to be on an attraction at 11:32 if they needed that drop. Obsessed? Who, me? :crazy_face::relaxed:

3 Likes

I am traveling with family who is staying offsite, and we have everything linked so I can make Genie + selections to keep us all together during the day.

If we decide to buy any individual lightning lane rides (I know offsite cant buy until park open), am I able to do that for the group as well from my account? Or because it requires payment does each person have to purchase individually?

We haven’t been since 2018 with the old fastpass system, so I am trying to play catch up here!

1 Like

We are going 3/19-26…cl10 all the time. I am taking adv of late E and MK. My family likes adr dinners around 7. Thinking of early entry minutes for the ILL rides with out paying at least 1 time for each park. And then following a touring plans tour for 1/2 days, taking break at pool. We will be visiting E, MK, HS 2xs and ak 1x. Hoping to E most evenings. Can I do this and skip Genie+, LL and ILL. Or do I just book G+ for whole trip and hope for best? 6 adults we are at BC and BLT. Thanks

1 Like

Will you also go to the deluxe evening hours? I am not purchasing genie+ or ILL for my President’s week trip. I will be attending both EP and MK deluxe nights and I am rope dropping HS multiple days to do all my “must dos”.

2 Likes

Yes we will be doing deluxe hours at E and Mk

1 Like

It sounds like we have similar plans, so I will look for your post

2 Likes