The Fury at Carowinds

I agree about hoping they don’t close. It was my first amusement park, and apparently was born the same year I was :joy:

White lightning and thunder road will always be the ultimate roller coasters in my mind.

2 Likes

I still miss that one. It was the ultimate in my mind :rofl:

1 Like

I empathize… I imagine how I would feel if it this happened in my childhood park, La Ronde in Montreal.

1 Like

I remeber the first time I ever road it! I was maybe six?

1 Like

Using @ryan1 's link - here is the exact information for this specific coaster including a lot of pictures

Look at picture #11 in the link- I’m guessing that the lower section of track in the photo is the area in question, cannot post the pic directly here, due to rights restrictions.

1 Like

Just FYI Carowinds Official Statement

https://www.carowinds.com/blog/media-center/official-statement-fury-325

2 Likes

I like the statement. It hits all the right points for a layperson such as myself.

2 Likes

The statement answered my question from the other day,

While we regularly inspect the coaster, we are planning to implement additional inspection procedures to ensure we are making every effort to promptly identify and address future potential issues. These new measures will include the regular use of drones outfitted with cameras to access and inspect hard-to-reach areas.

1 Like

Thanks for this. It’s a serious statement, that hits all the right points and reassures me they’re paying proper attention to safety.

3 Likes

The redundancy statement was also nice. As scary as that video was to watch, there was also a feeling of stability to the system.

3 Likes

Hmm, the statement doesn’t address the question of why a guest noticed the crack before the inspectors did, and why that guest got blown off by park employees when he tried to report it.

2 Likes

You’re not supposed to know that. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

No way that crack happened overnight, right? I wonder how long it took to get to that point.

2 Likes

It was apparently there at least a week prior.

2 Likes

They have found another crack in a second support column.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article277746578.html

2 Likes

Are you going first?

Perhaps it is the safest roller coaster in the country today?

5 Likes

No :rofl: DH will I’m sure.

I’m scared of heights, unfortunately, and I’m not sure even closing my eyes would help with this one. It’s wayyy up there.

2 Likes